Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I know I am in the wrong site to be asking this question but If started this forum on CB the Blackberry users there will say they like them because they like anything with the BlackBerry brand logo.

So I am asking this one on a Android forum. What do you think of the new BlackBerry devices set to release this fall?

I personally think they are hideous and will only sell to BlackBerry hard core fans. I doubt these devices will make Android or iPhone users switch to BlackBerry. Here is the link to the CB article which includes pictures of all of them.

First official look at the BlackBerry Classic and BlackBerry Passport | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by Dominick079; 06-24-2014 at 03:57 PM.
    Posted Via Dell Inspiron

Default Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Releasing In Fall

I've never been a fan of BB so for me it's a no to liking them.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I've never been a fan of BB so for me it's a no to liking them.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    I just bought my Note about 4 months ago and I like it alot better then my old BB Z10

Posted Via AT&T Galaxy Note 3
    Posted Via Dell Inspiron
    spencerdl likes this.

I'm not a fan of the Passport at all and the Classic is just for nostalgic purposes in my opinion.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa
    TeritorialDemon likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Passport at all and the Classic is just for nostalgic purposes in my opinion.
    Yeah im not a fan of either of them. The Classic looks exactly like a Bold 9900 with a bigger screen.The passport looks like a 80's calculator lol. But when Samsung or Apple releases similar designs to older devices BB users scream and complain. A double standard if you ask me

Posted Via Dell Inspiron

Imo, the Passport is actually kinda interesting if I was to ever pick up a bb it'll be that or the Z30

Tapatalk'n On The M8 😏

The only Blackberry I've ever owned is generally acknowledged as one of the worst Blackberry devices ever: the Pearl Flip. In general, though, I think Blackberries are nice, and the new ones are actually quite powerful. Unfortunately, they were just too late to the modern smartphone party, and there's not enough to recommend them over the other mobile OSes to get the masses to switch. I just don't see them being the blockbuster they were again, but they may live on as a niche product.
    mikecosmo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick079 View Post
    I just bought my Note about 4 months ago and I like it alot better then my old BB Z10

Mee Too, I purchased my Note3 in Feb and relinquished my Z10 to the bowels from which it came.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    Mee Too, I purchased my Note3 in Feb and relinquished my Z10 to the bowels from which it came.
    I actually sold mine for $175 lol. The Note 3 is a much better device then anything BlackBerry currently has out and im sure the Note 4 will be a better device then the Classic and Passport

Posted Via Dell Inspiron
    spencerdl likes this.

I think that they're solid devices. I'm not fond of the classic but the other two look to be of that premium build that, in my opinion, only Apple, Nokia and RIM have met. I would like to see Android get one of the really solid OEMs or for Google to create their own phone for this reason.

Still have my z30 like the passport but the app gap and the updates to the apps is what stopping them from really being a force they have Amazon partnering up with them so well see its going to be a interesting few month for them as a company

Posted via Android Central App

Those 2 devices are for a niche market. I have a feeling they will be overpriced. They need to sell their less expensive Z3 in large numbers.

I think the classic is kind of interesting. But I like Google Services too much to use BlackBerry devices.

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App

Generally speaking, I really like unique form factor phones, so the Passport intrigues me. If it ran Android, I might consider it, but BB10 is a non starter for me.

A895 likes this.

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

I think the intent of the Passport phone is lost in its unusual shape. People are judging it by its looks and not its most interesting feature.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by TgeekB View Post
    Those 2 devices are for a niche market. I have a feeling they will be overpriced. They need to sell their less expensive Z3 in large numbers.

Yes thats a big problem with BlackBerry phones they are overpriced for what they offer. Example of this is they are selling the Bold 9900 on shop blackberry for $400 which is way overpriced for a 3 year old phone

Posted Via Dell Inspiron
    A895 likes this.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

The Classic looks fine, it is a BB. The Passport looks absolutely horrible. Like stretched out picture of another device. That must be a joke.

I think the Z3 on a worldwide scale could make a bit of a splash but not enough

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I'm sticking it out with Android for the time being! Only thing that MIGHT make me look twice is PALM WebOS (NOT craptastic HP WebOS!)....When or IF it ever made a come back! Not counting on it though! Long live Palm and the Palm Pre!!!!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by machzk View Post
    The Classic looks fine, it is a BB. The Passport looks absolutely horrible. Like stretched out picture of another device. That must be a joke.
    Yeah it looks exactly like the Bold 9900 with a larger screen. When Samsung and Apple release devices that look similar to an older device BlackBerry users call it not being innovative. But when BlackBerry does it they call the device beautiful SMH

Last edited by Dominick079; 06-25-2014 at 03:35 PM.
    Posted Via Dell Inspiron

What do you think of the new BlackBerry devices set to release this fall?
    I don't think of them.
    A895 likes this.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

Yeah it looks exactly like the Bold 9900 with a larger screen. When Samsung and Apple release devices that look similar to a older device BlackBerry users call it not being innovative. But when BlackBerry does it they call the device beautiful SMH

True... LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts

I'm sort of intrigued with the Passport keyboard. If they if fact have taken the Z10/30 keyboard experience and blend that into a physical keyboard, I would certainly give it a test ruun.

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30

I'm very disappointed with their being no high end flagship of the full touch variety. Could at least have given a slider like the Torch!

The Classic is pretty nice. The Passport is so square I can't possibly fathom getting my hands around it comfortably.

I still want to see them in person anyways, even if just out of curiosity.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    My Z10 overheated and took itself out of my lineup. -_-

I had just bought it an extended battery. After I'd bought and sold my Q10/Z30 that happened. What luck!

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast