Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lions_lair
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does anyone know what app I need

I'm looking for an app that will let me customize each contact, of course ring tone, ring volume, vibrate only, blink the led only and so forth. All rhese options were on both my blackberrys.
    I'm on a galaxy s3. .boost mobile. .4.3
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Does anyone know what app I need

Bump

Not to be rude but why do you need all these different features?

Posted via Android Central App

Download Lightflow of you want to set a ringtone to a contact you go to Contacts, click on contact hit the menu button and hit set ringtone.

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalin333 View Post
    Not to be rude but why do you need all these different features?

Posted via Android Central App
    Well...maybe I want my boss and co-workers to ring loud and I want friends and the like to be on a lower ring volume. I work in ppls homes and businesses. I dont want my phone ringing loud unexpected in some places for personal calls. Some ppl I dont want it to ring at all, but I can see they called and I can call them back when I want to..or not.
    Thanked by:
    cgardnervt likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by lions_lair View Post
    Well...maybe I want my boss and co-workers to ring loud and I want friends and the like to be on a lower ring volume. I work in ppls homes and businesses. I dont want my phone ringing loud unexpected in some places for personal calls. Some ppl I dont want it to ring at all, but I can see they called and I can call them back when I want to..or not.
    Great idea! Hope your able to do this with apps.
    Banned

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

I think I would go crazy trying to figure out what particular tailored notification signal pertained to which of my contacts, every time there was one. And end up looking anyway because I can't remember my own settings off the top of my head. There would be just too many if I had a system like that. Hundreds.
    So instead of lightening the burden of making sense of all the different kinds of notifications, it would only confuse me. And so add to my stress levels instead of alleviating them.

But I do use the silent vibration only notification mode in my pocket on occasion. And I sometimes switch the phone off entirely, and stick it in a Faraday envelope for a few hours. Or even a half day. The sensation of freedom, of being off the grid, is scary at first. But if you can resist that dependency withdrawal symptom – it's only for a few hours, after all – then you will find that it grows on you. And that it's highly relaxing! A breath of fresh air.
    It also seriously complicates any of the tracking and logging systems that are dragnet recording and storing our communications and location data 'for future reference'.

The only app like that I've used is Light Flow. Not sure if it does everything you're looking for, but you might want to look at it.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I'm looking for an app that will let me customize each contact, of course ring tone, ring volume, vibrate only, blink the led only and so forth. All rhese options were on both my blackberrys.
    I'm on a galaxy s3. .boost mobile. .4.3
    use the "Go" series. for txt msg= "GO SMS" they have a lot