Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android and Me: Large Android tablets are nearing extinction

Large Android tablets are nearing extinction | Android and Me

What to people think? I think the main advantage large tablets can have over smaller devices is multi-window. Trouble is Samsung's proprietary implementation is so limited and so few apps can run in them. For large tablets to have a niche in this market Google needs to implement multi-window in Android wtih broad Android app support. Other than our eyes getting older that is one of the primary reasons people buy large computer monitors and multiple computer monitors is to be able to see and work on several windows at once.

Default Re: Android and Me: Large Android tablets are nearing extinction

Clearly "extinction" is a bit dramatic, though I do think that 10" is a compromise size for tablets. It is too large to be put in a pocket, and too small for extended productivy use.

I have tablets in all sizes up to the 12.2" Note Pro. By far, the 10" get the least use.
    Banned

Before the decade is out I think we will see (un)foldable tablets with seamless joints. Phablet sized in your pocket, double sized if you unfold it once, quadruple sized if you unfold it 2 times.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by fastcarve View Post
    Clearly "extinction" is a bit dramatic, though I do think that 10" is a compromise size for tablets. It is too large to be put in a pocket, and too small for extended productivy use.

I have tablets in all sizes up to the 12.2" Note Pro. By far, the 10" get the least use.
    I have a 12.2" Tab Pro. I keep it mounted on my theater chair arm. Multi-window controls TV, Home automation. Plex server. It's great. 10" wouldn't be as nice and experience. When you measure it out the 12.2" Tab is like binding together four Note 3's in an array.