Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help me understand my T-Mobile HTC One M8

I just got the phone, I noticed a few things about it.

When it's down on the desk plugged in, I noticed the back light wont turn off. Screen timeout is set for 15 seconds. Why does it stay on? It sometimes stays on if unplugged.

If I click the APP button(the little square boxes) I see tons of apps and I try to go on a deleting spree but I cant seem to figure out what is bloatware. What should go and stay.

There are 2 web browsers. Which one should I use? Chrome or the stock browser? I tried to delete chrome and everything else google no point in having 2.

Are there any services I should shut off?

How do I put music on it? With my iPhone everything was done off itunes now I have to figure how to do this. How do i back it up?

Uninstall app

To uninstall third-party apps, follow these steps:

From any Home screen, tap Apps.
    Tap Settings.
    Scroll to 'PHONE,' then tap Apps.
    Scroll to the DOWNLOADED tab.
    Tap the desired application.
    Tap Uninstall.
    Tap OK.

There is no "PHONE" option in my M8.

Also, the Weather Widget keeps displaying Los Anglees Weather, i keep deleting LA and adding San Francisco but it still shows LA. What can I do?

HTC m8 clock weather widget, is there a way I can keep it transparent?

How do i remove apps like facebook and amazon off the phone storage?

All in all, I like this phone better then my iPhone 5S.

Global Posts
    406 Global Posts

Default Re: Help me understand my T-Mobile HTC One M8

I'll try to hit a couple of these

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalMotherASF View Post
    If I click the APP button(the little square boxes) I see tons of apps and I try to go on a deleting spree but I cant seem to figure out what is bloatware. What should go and stay.
    "Bloatware" is basically extra apps from the Carrier or from HTC that you don't want or need. Most anything in the app drawer that you can delete won't break your phone, so get rid of what you don't want. However there are some instances where the apps installed by the carrier can't be uninstalled...your options with these are to just hide the apps (usually by using a third party launcher) or root your phone and delete them.

There are 2 web browsers. Which one should I use? Chrome or the stock browser?
    Personally I like Chrome alot but there are a number of great options in the Play Store. The stock browser is one example of a preinstalled app you might not be able to delete.

I tried to delete chrome and everything else google
    Why would you try to delete everything else "Google"? Did you delete everything Apple on your iPhone?? These are the services built specifically to run on Android.

How do I put music on it? With my iPhone everything was done off itunes now I have to figure how to do this.
    Google Play Music is a great service that allow you keep all your music in the cloud and/or store it on your device. Here's how to swap over your music collection How to get your iTunes music onto Android | Android Central

Uninstall app
    Try going into your settings menu and then Apps.....or you can long press an app and drag it to the top of the screen to uninstall.

Hope something here helps.