Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JeffDenver
  • 1 Post By JnEricsonx
  • 1 Post By ultravisitor
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After 3-4 months, if you had a second chance would you still buy your current phone?

Like pocketnow's "After the Buzz" after all the excitement has faded would you still buy the phone you are using today?

Just thinking back the last three months I has the top 3 flagships. hTc One M8, Sony XPERIA Z2 and my Samsung Galaxy S5.

Having exchanged the M8 for the S5 and selling the Z2 I would definitely go with the S5 today.

It has everything I want. Wireless charging, waterproof, great & replaceable battery. The UI may not be the polished but it certainly has the most useful features.

Pro S5
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

Global Posts
    26,554 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: After 3-4 months, if you had a second chance would you still buy your current phone?

For me, the M8 would be a definite yes. But I have been happy with most of my smartphone purchases. The one that is my favorite is the Moto X.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Default Re: After 3-4 months, if you had a second chance would you still buy your current phone?

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    Like pocketnow's "After the Buzz" after all the excitement has faded would you still buy the phone you are using today?
    Already did...I destroyed my nexus 5 in the ocean about 2 or 3 months after I got it...bought a second one retail. Would probably do so again.

There is nothing out right now that I'd rather have. The G3 comes closest, but I don't want to give up nexus level support. The OnePlus might have tempted me too, but too many unknowns with that phone still.
    bembol likes this.

Nexus 5. Yes I would!

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,182 Global Posts

Still nothing better than the Lumia 1520 at present. I don't see that changing any time soon.

Global Posts
    495 Global Posts

Yep, still love my Moto G after 6 months.

Supposedly where I live in the UK LTE will be coming at some point this year and will probably just buy that version instead.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app
    Putting out fire with gasoline

ROM
    ViperOne

The only difference is I would buy the T-Mobile Note 3 and use it on AT&T.

I'm still using my galaxy s4 active. I can upgrade at the end of Summer so I don't know what I'll get then, but I still love this phone.

After 7 months with my Xperia Z1 I would definitely keep it. Does everything flawlessly
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

The Z2 absolutely in my opinion its one of few focused devices out there.

You can have your fingerprint readers that don't work and or frustrating to work (S5) lol and heartrate monitors that bands and other tech is a more logical option than to have it placed on a phone.

The S5 does have great features other than the above mentioned.

But for me the Z2 and Oppo, and one +1 and Htc with the M8 and of course the Z2 offer a more refined and thought out product.

So to sum up yes I would still purchase the Z2 and wouldn't opt for anything else .

Defintely, unless the Note 3 was offered for 100 bucks+50 dollar BB gift card, which was the deal I got when I got my Note 2, which I love.
    laura jeon likes this.

I think I'd still pick up this G2!

I love my Samsung Note3. I would purchase now if didn't have it.

sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    I've been using a Moto X since day one of availability on Verizon last summer. There's still no other phone out there that I'd rather have.
    Thanked by 2:
    A895mumfoau 
    A895 likes this.

After four months, no, but I wouldn't mind upgrading my Nexus 4 to a Nexus 5. Unless it breaks, though, at this point I'll probably just wait for the next Nexus.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't give up on the Nexus line.
    My Nexus is my baby!!

But the G3 looks to be the only thing I might change for..
    My History of Phones.
    2007 - 2011 iPhone 2G 3G 3GS 4G
    2012 - 2013 Samsung Galaxy S3 S4
    2014 - Google Nexus 5

Yep. I've has my M8 a bit over a month now, and I wouldn't change a thing purchase wise.

Thanked by:

Yes! Nexus 5.

Just a heads up... I dislike all you Nexus owners #teamvzw lol

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

I currently use Galaxy Note 2 right now and I don't have any problems with it, but I think I'm going to wait for the Note 4 that's coming out this fall. Or the LG G3. LG G3 sounds so cool that it has all the buttons on back of the device instead on the sides.

I don't feel bad about my Moto X mor do I feel bad about my RAZR M. Both are very solid phones from Motorola and the best smaller devices to come out of the last couple years. The Droid Mini is good too and I might swing to buy one when I replace my Moto X.

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JnEricsonx View Post
    Defintely, unless the Note 3 was offered for 100 bucks+50 dollar BB gift card, which was the deal I got when I got my Note 2, which I love.

I love my note 2 too!!