Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default T-Mobile HTC One M8 (Went fromt ATT iPhone 5S to T-Mobile HTC ONE M8)

    Well I got my phone, I had to return my last HTC M8 because it was giving me problems. My new one, so far, is great.(knock on wood).

    What can i do to speed it up?
    If I shut off the animations will it make a big difference?
    Honestly, I can't even see the animations or maybe I don't notice they are there.

    Just updated the phone. Where is a good guide to begin? Any tips tricks I should know about?
    Should I use the stock browser?
  2. #2  
    frag06's Avatar

    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile HTC One M8 (Went fromt ATT iPhone 5S to T-Mobile HTC ONE M8)

    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalMotherASF View Post
    Well I got my phone, I had to return my last HTC M8 because it was giving me problems. My new one, so far, is great.(knock on wood).

    What can i do to speed it up?
    If I shut off the animations will it make a big difference?
    Honestly, I can't even see the animations or maybe I don't notice they are there.

    Just updated the phone. Where is a good guide to begin? Any tips tricks I should know about?
    Should I use the stock browser?
    The M8 is already a very fast phone; one of the fastest phones out there.

    Disabling animations may make the phone feel a little faster, however.

    I don't recommend the stock browser. While it is good enough for occasional browsing, you should really use a browser like Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Dolphin.

    You should also disable Blinkfeed, if you don't use it.

    Check out CNET's tips for the M8.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    If you are replying to my post, please use "Reply With Quote".

    Nexus 5 - AT&T
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: T-Mobile HTC One M8 (Went fromt ATT iPhone 5S to T-Mobile HTC ONE M8)

    Quote Originally Posted by frag06 View Post
    The M8 is already a very fast phone; one of the fastest phones out there.

    Disabling animations may make the phone feel a little faster, however.
    Did you disable animations? I honestly don't notice the animations what are they exactly and do they provide any benefit?
    I don't recommend the stock browser. While it is good enough for occasional browsing, you should really use a browser like Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Dolphin.
    [Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Dolphin. So many to choose, I have no idea which ones. On my laptop I use FireFox, I never heard of Opera until a few years ago. Why is there a need for so many browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Dolphin? its like a war and I dont get what new ones like Opera have to offer.
    You should also disable Blinkfeed, if you don't use it.
    How do actually disable it? most of the guides don't fully disable it.
    Check out [url =http://www.cnet.com/how-to/15-tips-and-tricks-for-the-htc-one-m8/] CNET's tips[/url] for the M8.
    GREAT LINK THANKS!!!!
    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    THanks for your help!
  4. #4  
    frag06's Avatar

    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile HTC One M8 (Went fromt ATT iPhone 5S to T-Mobile HTC ONE M8)

    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalMotherASF View Post
    Did you disable animations? I honestly don't notice the animations what are they exactly and do they provide any benefit?
    I always disable animations. They have no benefit for me. Check out this link for more info about animations.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalMotherASF View Post
    Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Dolphin. So many to choose, I have no idea which ones. On my laptop I use FireFox, I never heard of Opera until a few years ago. Why is there a need for so many browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Dolphin? its like a war and I dont get what new ones like Opera have to offer.
    If you use Firefox on your computer, you can use Firefox Sync to sync your browsing history, favorites, ect. to Firefox on Android. Same with Chrome.

    Try out each browser and see which one you like. They are all fast browsers, but each have different UI's. It's really personal preference, unless there is a specific feature you need like the one listed above.


    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalMotherASF View Post
    How do actually disable it? most of the guides don't fully disable it.
    You can't fully get rid of it; you only can turn it off, which does disable it for the most part. Look at the official guide below:

    Turning HTC Blinkfeed on or off .
    If you are replying to my post, please use "Reply With Quote".

    Nexus 5 - AT&T
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: T-Mobile HTC One M8 (Went fromt ATT iPhone 5S to T-Mobile HTC ONE M8)

    Can Opera sync if I used it on my desktop?
    I am liking it on my phone.
  6. #6  
    frag06's Avatar

    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile HTC One M8 (Went fromt ATT iPhone 5S to T-Mobile HTC ONE M8)

    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalMotherASF View Post
    Can Opera sync if I used it on my desktop?
    I am liking it on my phone.
    There is Opera Link. I'm not sure how it works, though.



    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    If you are replying to my post, please use "Reply With Quote".

    Nexus 5 - AT&T

Similar Threads

  1. My HTC One M8 lags real bad sometimes
    By sniffs in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 02:41 AM
  2. Texts to iphones
    By jaibhavaya in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 09:10 AM
  3. new to s5 from apple. help
    By teamwest88 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-04-2014, 02:53 AM
  4. HTC One M8 in Winter
    By SpookDroid in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 09:10 AM
  5. changing the player back to normal on ShowBox app?
    By Xafsa Mohamud in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2014, 04:20 PM

Posting Permissions