Does storage space matter on a tablet with MicroSD?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking at getting a tablet, probably the 16 gb version vs the 32 since I can get a 64 gig card to extra space. Now, I'm just wondering, since i know Android messes around on this a bit, can I just run/move apps like games that take up a good bit of space to the card, or will they be stuck solely running off the tablets built in memory? Cause I'm leaning towards the 2012 Note 10.1, but the difference for me between 16 and 32 gig versions is a fair amount in terms of cost.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking at getting a tablet, probably the 16 gb version vs the 32 since I can get a 64 gig card to extra space. Now, I'm just wondering, since i know Android messes around on this a bit, can I just run/move apps like games that take up a good bit of space to the card, or will they be stuck solely running off the tablets built in memory? Cause I'm leaning towards the 2012 Note 10.1, but the difference for me between 16 and 32 gig versions is a fair amount in terms of cost.
Short answer: No.

Most people will never need more than 8 gigs for apps. My Droid 1 only had 256k(!) for apps. The only apps that take up huge amounts of space are games, even even then, it is a tiny minority of games. My advice is to get the cheapest version of the tablet you can and just use SD for storage, the way god intended.

Android does not support Apps to SD anymore, but I think Touchwiz still does. So you should be fine either way. I would just store apps internally and everything else on SD.

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Short answer: No.

Most people will never need more than 8 gigs for apps. My Droid 1 only had 256k(!) for apps. The only apps that take up huge amounts of space are games, even even then, it is a tiny minority of games. My advice is to get the cheapest version of the tablet you can and just use SD for storage, the way god intended.

Android does not support Apps to SD anymore, but I think Touchwiz still does. So you should be fine either way. I would just store apps internally and everything else on SD.

I have 19.2 gigs of apps on a Windows Phone...

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have about 5 gigs. And I am the heaviest user I know.

What non-game apps are taking up all that space?

It's mostly games. Non-game, I have social media apps, the biggest of which is 22 megs and some high quality photo or music editors. The best music editor takes up a pretty staggering 128 megs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084