Does storage space matter on a tablet with MicroSD?
I'm looking at getting a tablet, probably the 16 gb version vs the 32 since I can get a 64 gig card to extra space. Now, I'm just wondering, since i know Android messes around on this a bit, can I just run/move apps like games that take up a good bit of space to the card, or will they be stuck solely running off the tablets built in memory? Cause I'm leaning towards the 2012 Note 10.1, but the difference for me between 16 and 32 gig versions is a fair amount in terms of cost.
- 07-06-2014, 07:08 PM #2
- 07-06-2014, 08:16 PM #4
- 07-06-2014, 11:10 PM #5
- 07-07-2014, 09:25 AM #6
Re: Does storage space matter on a tablet with MicroSD?
Most people will never need more than 8 gigs for apps. My Droid 1 only had 256k(!) for apps. The only apps that take up huge amounts of space are games, even even then, it is a tiny minority of games. My advice is to get the cheapest version of the tablet you can and just use SD for storage, the way god intended.
Android does not support Apps to SD anymore, but I think Touchwiz still does. So you should be fine either way. I would just store apps internally and everything else on SD.
- 07-07-2014, 09:27 AM #7
- 07-07-2014, 04:44 PM #9
- 07-08-2014, 09:19 AM #11
- 07-08-2014, 10:40 AM #12
- 07-08-2014, 10:44 AM #13
- By dannideee in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-04-2014, 12:33 AM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 07-07-2014, 12:42 PM
- By Mr Matei in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-07-2014, 01:19 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-06-2014, 06:15 PM
- By Sweetde80 in forum Samsung Galaxy NoteReplies: 0Last Post: 07-06-2014, 03:38 PM