Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Paul627g
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  • 3 Post By Assassin Droid
  • 1 Post By davidnc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Default Is mentioning Curesec banned on the forums?

Hi. The thread I started that mentioned Curesec has been removed. Presumably the best place to find out why is here, as the mods have not sent me a message regarding it, so presumably it has been removed by a fellow forumite? What's the beef with Curesec, buddy?

Default Re: Is mentioning Curesec banned on the forums?

Per the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Spamming - Do not use the forums to promote external websites, blogs, promotions, contests, services, affiliate ID's, or other products, without prior authorization.
    VDub2174, BBFunGuy, UJ95x and 1 others like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

I was not promoting them. I thought it was relevant that they had made a piece of software to check if your phone was vulnerable to exploits. Crazy moderation if you ask me, is it automatic? Because it does not seem very moderate.

Quote Originally Posted by BBFunGuy View Post
    I was not promoting them. I thought it was relevant that they had made a piece of software to check if your phone was vulnerable to exploits. Crazy moderation if you ask me, is it automatic? Because it does not seem very moderate.
    Your welcome to take this to PM with me if you wish, I am the Moderator Team Leader here at Android Central.

But short answer is its advertising an outside product/service that isn't listed with Google Play or Amazon. I don't make the rules & guidelines, I just monitor and see that they are followed as written by Mobile Nations (are parent company) administration.
    davidnc likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Thanks, but my preference is for openness, and I am open to criticism. No need to spare my blushes.

Global Posts
    10,080 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

Thanks, but my preference is for openness, and I am open to criticism. No need to spare my blushes.
    While I can understand the sentiment, this is also something that is covered by the rules referenced above. Here is a copy: Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    VDub2174, Paul627g and davidnc like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

That may be the case, but I do not have anything to PM anybody about, and nobody has sent me any PMs.

That may be the case, but I do not have anything to PM anybody about, and nobody has sent me any PMs.
    I PMed you responding to your last question in detail as why the events unfolded as they did, and as all other questions have already been answered in this thread.

I believe this thread has now run its course and therefore I am closing it

FYI:You mentioned you had no one to PM but just as a reference you could have PMed any member of the moderation team in regards to this question.In my PM to you I hope that now answers all your questions.If not feel free to PM me back.
    VDub2174 likes this.