Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android Device Manager Problem!

Hello, i installed Android Device Manager on my smartphone, then i also tried to open ADM on my laptop to try tracking my smartphone which came to be fine.. then i Locked my phone using my laptop and ADM, now i cant unlock my phone, all the time it was saying Wrong Password, then i somehow opened status bar and go to settings and delete Android Device Manager, after that everything was fine, but after i shut down my phone and turn it on again, the same problem show up... now i dont have this application in my phone but its still locked, when i try to open it from my laptop (Android Device Manager) and track my phone it say that Location unavailable, so my phone is not anymore connected with ADM, if it was connected i would try to lock it again with another password, but i cant do that.. Please any help :/ .... Sorry for bad english...

Default Re: Android Device Manager Problem!

The ADM app is just an interface. The actual functions are handled by Play Services and managed in your device settings. In short, deleting the app doesn't have any impact on your device's ability to be managed by ADM remotely. If your phone isn't being detected by ADM anymore, you'll have to use the recovery mode to wipe your device.

Global Posts
    3,855 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock JB 4.2

Default Re: Android Device Manager Problem!

Quote Originally Posted by synclr View Post
    Hello, i installed Android Device Manager on my smartphone, then i also tried to open ADM on my laptop to try tracking my smartphone which came to be fine.. then i Locked my phone using my laptop and ADM, now i cant unlock my phone, all the time it was saying Wrong Password, then i somehow opened status bar and go to settings and delete Android Device Manager, after that everything was fine, but after i shut down my phone and turn it on again, the same problem show up... now i dont have this application in my phone but its still locked, when i try to open it from my laptop (Android Device Manager) and track my phone it say that Location unavailable, so my phone is not anymore connected with ADM, if it was connected i would try to lock it again with another password, but i cant do that.. Please any help :/ .... Sorry for bad english...
    If you locked it from ADM on your laptop then I believe you need to also unlock it from ADM again. As stated the ADM App is really for being able to use ADM to manage OTHER Android devices from the one you are currently holding.

I thought the same things as you when the Find My iPhone App first came out.