Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do you have a smartphone addiction?

How many of you feel like you are addicted to smartphones? I have long felt that I did. Having 30+ smartphones in the last 4 years. Although, I have slowed down considerably this year. Have had my iPhone 5S for three months now!

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.
    Thanked by 2:
    Madd54mchi5 
    phonejunky likes this.

Default Re: Do you have a smartphone addiction?

I definitely do. I need help

I do but my wallet restrains me some... Not always... But some :P.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.

Totally I use to have it bad but not as bad now. I have the want for new ones but not as much desire.
    Plus the wife would leave if I continued lol
    Banned

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I have an overall tech gadget addiction
    monsieurms, jmagid51 and Madd54 like this.

Global Posts
    25,327 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Like Almeuit said, my wallet restricts my addiction. But maybe now is the time to get in on the ground floor of Smartphone Anonymous.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
    Madd54 likes this.

One every two years is enough for me, assuming nothing is wrong with the old one.
    monsieurms and Madd54 like this.

Too much to learn on every one, but if I had the cash I would get about 5 or 6 and settle on 2 for most days. I would buy a 1st Apple as well.

Depreciation is a topic for another thread. Apple has that tied up now, but many 'analysts' say they have reached a plateau in terms of software.

How about Androids Anonymous - sseempulz!
    This section reserved for a clever signature line.
    msndrstood likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Definitely addicted.

Oh well. Just in time for the Note 4. 😄
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    HAWK and Madd54 like this.

I definitely have a smartphone addiction. I use to buy one every 3 months. As I've gotten older I've began to use just one. I kept my last iPhone 4S for an entire year and a half. Then I bounced around a little and now I've had my moto x for about 7 months and I'll keep this one for another year at least. I'm learning to keep something good and not just spend money all the time if I don't have to.

http://www.cnet.com/news/the-iphone-...id-users-care/
    Great art stretches the taste, it doesnt follow tastes
    Steve Jobs to Bill Atkinson, March 1981.
    Madd54 likes this.

well...i kinda have an addition but i control it because i don't have money to be spending on my smartphone desires XD

for now, I'll try to settle on my Moto X for at least 1 year... tho sometimes i feel rly tempted to get a Lumia or a Nexus or LG G2...but then i remember i don't rly have money for this and the Moto X serves my needs just right and i manage to hold back XD
    Madd54 likes this.

Me? No... LOL

I was always obsessed because I always treated them like a toy instead of as a phone. Being anal (OCD) didn't help either, I would sell it because I dented and/or scratched it. Last year, not that I was happy with it but I sold my S4 3-4 weeks because it had a very tiny dent were the buyer couldn't even see it. LOL

One time I had two Note 2's (Black & White), I used the other as a 5.5" iPod or bought the M7 twice because I made a mistake selling it. I can't remember why I did but I know the second didn't last long either because I sold it for the Note 3.

This year I may break my personal record, I just don't see myself selling my S5 especially having spent over $100 on accessories which is the first ever.
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    3Dee, Madd54 and LightaDroid like this.

Lol, that's what credit is for... right??
    Madd54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Call-Home View Post
    Lol, that's what credit is for... right??
    My poor American express... At least I think I might stick with my galaxy s5 for a while

Sent from my rooted Verizon galaxy s5

Global Posts
    10,474 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

There's so much good stuff on the market right now. It's hard not want the latest devices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    ladyc0524, bembol and LightaDroid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    There's so much good stuff on the market right now. It's hard not want the latest devices.

How much times I posted that I love my S5, I've spent so much on accessories but I want the latest.

I guess this explains why I'm single. LOL
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

Yes, absolutely ! My bank account won't allow it though lol. I own a nexus 5, g flex, m8, now I'm eyeing the g3. Temptations are getting the best of me.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Yea its like crack cocain I need that ****..

I need the latest and greatest, but been happy with my beautiful nexus 5
    My History of Phones.
    2007 - 2011 iPhone 2G 3G 3GS 4G
    2012 - 2013 Samsung Galaxy S3 S4
    2014 - Google Nexus 5

Global Posts
    1,064 Global Posts

I do. I can only manage to keep my iPhone and Nexus devices the longest. Once I get bored with the device, I just sell it and use that money towards the new device.

Global Posts
    2,167 Global Posts

I am getting better. I used to jump between the iPhone 4s and galaxy s3 then the iPhone 5 and samsung s4. Now with the s5 for some reason I feel no need to return to the apple world. I would like to try some other androids like the HTC m8 or the g3 just to see them. Other than that I think I'll be staying loyal to my s5
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

That's the truth. All of these smartphones coming out this year are awesome. But I can say, that the technological advances to smartphones have gone beyond what I use them for now. I still like to play around with new devices, but they really aren't offering me anything new that I could use.

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    Definitely addicted.

Oh well. Just in time for the Note 4. 😄
    I want it bad. Hmmm. Does that mean I have a problem?

Really, when I think about what smartphones were even 5 years ago, it is almost like magic to get where we are now. The 1st iPhone was 2007. It seems like an eternity. Things I barely dreamed of are now routine.

You walk outside, pull up Google, speak into the phone and say "where is the nearest pharmacy?" and it comes up with a list of things within a mile, complete with links for Google Maps. Click the map links, and it gives you step-by-directions and GPS guidance. (In a foreign country--game changer for tourists!)

We get jaded fast. How amazing is all this, not only to have it in the first place--but in a tiny little phone that you can carry in your pocket that will also get your email, play videos, mp3s, read ebooks, edit documents, surf the net....

Magic.
    dkhmwilliams likes this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by monsieurms View Post
    I want it bad. Hmmm. Does that mean I have a problem?

Really, when I think about what smartphones were even 5 years ago, it is almost like magic to get where we are now. The 1st iPhone was 2007. It seems like an eternity. Things I barely dreamed of are now routine.

You walk outside, pull up Google, speak into the phone and say "where is the nearest pharmacy?" and it comes up with a list of things within a mile, complete with links for Google Maps. Click the map links, and it gives you step-by-directions and GPS guidance. (In a foreign country--game changer for tourists!)

We get jaded fast. How amazing is all this, not only to have it in the first place--but in a tiny little phone that you can carry in your pocket that will also get your email, play videos, mp3s, read ebooks, edit documents, surf the net....

Magic.
    Smartphones have come a long way in the last 7 years. I remember when the original iPhone was released and people thought the screen was huge. I also remember when having a physical keyboard was a necessity. Things have changed greatly since then. I am really enjoying the slowdown in the mobile space though. There was a time when it seemed like every manufacturer was releasing about a dozen smartphones a year. It was hard to keep up. Now it just seems like the only manufacturer that continues to flood the market is Samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    That's the truth. All of these smartphones coming out this year are awesome. But I can say, that the technological advances to smartphones have gone beyond what I use them for now. I still like to play around with new devices, but they really aren't offering me anything new that I could use.

I think getting the G2 has all but cured my addition. The hardware and internals are future proof based on my type of usage and TWRP will keep me in the loop with software. I'm happy and so is my wife. Lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

I would not call it an addiction. The thing is, smartphones are the most common and necessary device for business people...

The way technology moves, we should really be on yearly cycles ... Not every 2.

So while I was not all that comfortable doing the Edge program with Verizon, it is where I have ended up.

For those folks who have had dozens of phones in a short period of time, that would be a crazy expensive addiction with little benefit other than fun. Doing research and buying a flagship once per year is enough for me.

R
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast