3rd party apps that drain battery

SanDiego1990

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Is there a 3rd party APP that you love... but annoyingly drains a lot of battery?

I realized that Google hangouts drains so much of my battery.... & Facebook.
I just want to know if there are APPs out there that drains a lot of battery! I want to check them out and see why it's draining so much!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Often times apps have battery drain due to its services being run in the background and not letting the device sleep. Specifically, what are trying to accomplish with this list?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

SanDiego1990

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Just thought it would help me avoid applications that might be draining my battery instead of going back and deleting apps one by one!

Do you know any specific apps that drain battery because the services are being ran in the bg?

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Is there a 3rd party APP that you love... but annoyingly drains a lot of battery?

Yep, my favorite for that category is Waze (free in the Play Store). Imo the best navigation app around (also in Google Maps' opinion: they bought Waze for 4 billion, a couple months ago*). I run it whenever I'm out of my small town (60.000 people). And that's practically everyday. But it drains my phones' battery faster than the connected car charger can charge it. After about an hour's drive, on the charger, starting out with a 100% battery, I lose about 8% charge.
That's the only gripe I have with Waze. Otherwise it's easily the best in class. And worth it to me.

That's basically the reason I haven't used the (free) app Daily Roads Voyager, a dashcam, yet. I'm afraid it will drain my battery even more en-route. Especially if running simultaneously with Waze.

*So strictly speaking Waze is not a '3rd party app' anymore.
But I had it long before Google did, so there! :-D

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX