Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 3rd party apps that drain battery

Is there a 3rd party APP that you love... but annoyingly drains a lot of battery?

I realized that Google hangouts drains so much of my battery.... & Facebook.
    I just want to know if there are APPs out there that drains a lot of battery! I want to check them out and see why it's draining so much!

Global Posts
    10,250 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: 3rd party apps that drain battery

Often times apps have battery drain due to its services being run in the background and not letting the device sleep. Specifically, what are trying to accomplish with this list?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Just thought it would help me avoid applications that might be draining my battery instead of going back and deleting apps one by one!

Do you know any specific apps that drain battery because the services are being ran in the bg?
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiego1990 View Post
    Is there a 3rd party APP that you love... but annoyingly drains a lot of battery?
    Yep, my favorite for that category is Waze (free in the Play Store). Imo the best navigation app around (also in Google Maps' opinion: they bought Waze for 4 billion, a couple months ago*). I run it whenever I'm out of my small town (60.000 people). And that's practically everyday. But it drains my phones' battery faster than the connected car charger can charge it. After about an hour's drive, on the charger, starting out with a 100% battery, I lose about 8% charge.
    That's the only gripe I have with Waze. Otherwise it's easily the best in class. And worth it to me.

That's basically the reason I haven't used the (free) app Daily Roads Voyager, a dashcam, yet. I'm afraid it will drain my battery even more en-route. Especially if running simultaneously with Waze.

*So strictly speaking Waze is not a '3rd party app' anymore.
    But I had it long before Google did, so there! :-D
    Thanked by: