Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default BeWeather down?

Anyone else experiencing issues with BeWeather since last evening? Current conditions show up as "n/a", the radars don't work, etc.

I realize that the app hasn't been updated in some time. However, I did email a month or so ago about the fact the widgets would drop their updating on occasion, and got a reply that they were working on it. I hope that this is just an issue on their end which can be fixed quickly, rather than the end of the line. I really liked the simplicity, functional layout, and, especially, the widgets (when they would update as intended).

Default Re: BeWeather down?

Yes I am having issues with Be Weather. It is telling me even after updating that it's raining in my area. However, I don't see any rain just sunshine. Rain is in the forecast but not until later. I am unable to open the radar maps.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Same problem. Uninstalled then reinstalled and it works except for "your location",

Same thing here; went down yesterday on both my Note 2 and Note 10.1 (Wi-Fi only). It's back up today except that the maps icon no longer works (doesn't do anything when pressed). Believe it's a server issue on their end, not the app itself. Only thing I had to do was delete a secondary (static) location then add it back to get it working again. My dynamic primary location is still working.

In the past I've seen temporary java null pointer exceptions (again server issue on their end). Hopefully they're not shutting down the app's services. Either way as much as I like BeWeather, I've already started to look for a new weather app that isn't dependent on the app's own servers (ex. use Weather Underground's own app which is the weather source BeWeather actually uses).
    Last edited by Synycalwon; 07-23-2014 at 02:35 PM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Thanks for the replies folks. I deleted and re-added and it's working for now. Hope that they can get their issues figured out. I've tried a bunch of weather apps, and still come back to BeWeather because of its simplicity, clean looks and good looking widgets. There really are a bunch of weather apps that look like mobile web 1.0 efforts and are cluttered to the hilt.

Now I am getting the N/A for all locations. I guess I need to delete them.

It's working normally for me this morning, including the maps. Didn't do anything more on my end to fix, so had to be a server issue on their end.