Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

Default Dash Cams

After getting hit I decided to check out a dash cam app. Dash cams are apparently very popular in Europe and Russia, is anybody else in the U. S. using them? The app I have been using is the Daily Roads app. It works except that I have to delete all of the video files after a drive if nothing happens. I can get and make phone calls and use the GPS as long as it's running in the background. And it keeps running even if I am using the phone or the GPS. It has all of the info imbeded in the video like GPS cords, date, time. The Daily Roads app seems to be the better app than the couple of other ones I have tried.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Default Re: Dash Cams

Quote Originally Posted by pre1561 View Post
    After getting hit I decided to check out a dash cam app. Dash cams are apparently very popular in Europe and Russia, is anybody else in the U. S. using them? The app I have been using is the Daily Roads app. It works except that I have to delete all of the video files after a drive if nothing happens. I can get and make phone calls and use the GPS as long as it's running in the background. And it keeps running even if I am using the phone or the GPS. It has all of the info imbeded in the video like GPS cords, date, time. The Daily Roads app seems to be the better app than the couple of other ones I have tried.
    Yeah, I've got that Daily Roads Voyager app too. But I'm afraid to use DRV – since I also very often run the Waze app – as I fear DRV is going to drain my battery even faster then it already does. My charger can't keep up with Waze as it is!

I've used Daily Roads on my spare GS4. You can set it on how much memory to use. It works well during the day but when it starts getting dark, frame rate drops dramatically to the point of being useless. I don't use it anymore. It seems all Android apps I tried do the same thing. It must be an OS limitation.

It's more likely a camera limitation... dedicated dash cams are designed to function better at night.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoRex View Post
    It's more likely a camera limitation... dedicated dash cams are designed to function better at night.
    My old iPhone 4s doesn't drop frames at night when using dashcam apps.