Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By ffejjj
  • 2 Post By effreyj
  • 1 Post By Evilnut
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 1 Post By zobog
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Android Phone

What do you think the best Android phone is?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Best Android Phone

There can never be a best, bc ppl will always like different ones based on how it works for them

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

↑↑↑ agreed

(G3 is the best though)

Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    cgooge14 likes this.

Devices running 4.4.4 are the best now...specs have topped out....my Droid MAXX is as smooth and fast as I want/Need and I bought only 2 months ago. Choosing mid range over High end was easy given the features I wanted ((active notifications,touchless controls, qi charging, monster run time) imo Its now just features and style that separate...Latest build is now essential for security.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

None.

This is my quote from an earlier thread of the top 10 IMO (fire away!):

1) HTC One M8
    2) LG G3
    3) Moto X
    4) Nexus 5
    5) Galaxy S5
    6) Galaxy Note 3
    7) Droid Maxx
    8) LG G2
    9) Moto G
    10) HTC One M7

Note: I'm only including phones available on US carriers (sorry Sony Xperia Z2)
    Droid->Droid Bionic->Galaxy S4->Moto X (black/black/yellow)->Moto X (ebony/black/yellow)
    phonejunky and Bsbudd like this.

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The Moto X is the best phone I've ever owned. Overall it is a fantastic price that just works great and does everything a phone: should do. With 4.4.4 update imminent on my Verizon version, the camera should improve significantly. That will make things even better for me.

to me, you have to decide if you are an all-out spec junkie and want every feature Under the Sun or you want a phone that is one that works great and has minimal diversion from stock Android.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro
    phonejunky likes this.

Global Posts
    8,900 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

I still think it's the Moto X. Soon the X2...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

I personally would say for consumer use, the Moto X. Very underrated because of bad marketing. Easily the smoothest android experience out there with a pure Google experience.

http://www.cnet.com/news/the-iphone-...id-users-care/
    Great art stretches the taste, it doesnt follow tastes
    Steve Jobs to Bill Atkinson, March 1981.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Is it really that good though? I mean it's specs aren't even that great, and it's really only a mid-range phone. I doubt it could compete with a lot of the high-end smartphones out there

Banned

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by codyoehl View Post
    Is it really that good though? I mean it's specs aren't even that great, and it's really only a mid-range phone. I doubt it could compete with a lot of the high-end smartphones out there

Specs don't mean a whole hell of a lot, especially as high as they're getting. Our phones are capable of so much more than they're currently being used for. The specs on the Moto X are more than substantial to do most anything you'd want of it and with the best UI and actually useful features like the 'OK Google' anywhere, it's great.

Global Posts
    8,900 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Specs aren't everything. The Moto X outperforms most high end phones because the software is optimized for the hardware. The features and ergonomics of the phone make it (IMO) the best phone. And it's half the price.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    A895 likes this.

Agreed. Moto X is the best phone I have ever owned.

A895 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by P-raggles View Post
    Devices running 4.4.4 are the best now
    No.
    Considering that Kitkat makes storing user-selected files on the external SD card impossible it is a step backwards for users.

my Droid MAXX is as smooth and fast as I want/Need and I bought only 2 months ago.
    Exactly: you bought it only 2 months ago. You're still on honeymoon with it. So everything still looks rosy.
    Let's see if you still think that way when you've had it for 6 months. :-)

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

What do you think the best Android phone is?

LG-isai
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I'm pretty happy with my Galaxy S5
    I love the physical home button, fingerprint scanner, and the atom launcher I installed
    I have actually gotten some lag and had games close on me, but I'm not exactly sure if that was the game, my phone, or a combination

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Rhe Moto X is a super fast and fluid phone. Apps launch instantly, it zips through every task I throw at it. Because the CPU doesn't he have to do the things that components of the Moto X8 chipset takes care of, it is not overwhelmed with mundane tasks like a lot of other phones throw at there CPUs. Go to a store and try one . That is the only way you will really know what we are talking about. It really is the one of those phones you have to hold in your hand and try out to appreciate what it offers. I really don't think I could own a phone without the always on, always listening feature that it has. Plus, the active display is just awesome. I don't have to even turn my phone on to see the exact notifications that I have.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro