Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Android device for coding outdoors (in sunlight)?

Hi!

Is there a good android device for working outdoors? The reflections caused by the bright sunlight makes my Xperia Z Ultra worthless outside - even in the shade. Pixel Qi displays seem to be the best way of doing this but the devices that have them are few and seem hard to come by.

I found the Adam II tablet on amazon.in, but it only ships to India (I live in northern Europe). The first Adam tablet got devastating reviews on amazon. Also there are no western reviews of this (the II) and I don't know if it would even work well here?

I also found the rugged Android-G from sol computers but it is more expensive and I can not find a single review on it.

A user at hacker news linked a Pixel Qi display package that would be able to handle HDMI from my phone/tablet/laptop. However, it needs external power. Is it feasible to bring along a small power source outdoors? Considering the low power demands of the display in transflective mode (5V: 350mA) - could I use a common battery?

<links removed>

I could do with a laptop but having it packaged in a small android tablet or phone would actually be superior because of the mobility it offers. Still, all advice is welcome.

Does anybody know a device that works outside in the sun? The pixel qi seems like an unbeatable alternative - why aren't there more devices using it?