Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By AlfieB
  • 1 Post By mattgob86
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Default best lowest cost phones that are good to use as tools for business?

Basically as title says.

I want something with a really good keyboard, preferably as good as the BlackBerry 10 keyboard, better if possible.

Good browser. At least as fast, stable, smooth, etc. as the one on BlackBerry Z10.

Runs apps like PayPal, bank apps, etc. good, smooth, etc.

Good in emails.

Good multitasking.

For example, if there's an email link on a site, I can click on it and directly write to that email, like on BlackBerry 10.

I want to spend as little as possible so don't post phones that are flagships and cost $500+ lol.

Thank you .

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: best lowest cost phones that are good to use as tools for business?

Are you looking for a phone with an actual physical keyboard, or a touchscreen keyboard? The latter doesn't really depend on the phone, since there are so many good keyboard apps you can install. Some manufacturers may have exclusive keyboards that some might prefer over others (like, for example, the HTC Sense Input keyboard, which is only available on HTC phones), but in general, you can't go wrong with the Google Keyboard or Swiftkey (both of which can be installed on any phone).

Currently, the best value you can find in a phone is probably the Moto G, especially the latest 4G LTE version. It's pretty inexpensive (around US $200 unlocked), and gets generally rave reviews. Moto G by Motorola
    srkmagnus and cgardnervt like this.

Moto X is $299 right now and ticks all your boxes.

Moto X or G

A895 likes this.

Moto X is my business phone and my personal phone and works great at work and home.
    A895 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,064 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I agree with B. Diddy - the Moto G is going to be your best bet if you are looking for the best bang for your buck on a new device. There are plenty of keyboard replacements available within the Play Store, most with free trials (Swiftkey, Fleksy, Google Keyboard, Swype to name a few). There are not many options available for hardware keyboards, especially if you are looking for something that is new(er).

Let us know if you have any questions.
    cgardnervt likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None Yet...

Moto G is even cheaper and it will run the apps just fine!