Everyone Wants Your Money.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I had a epiphany not 5 minutes ago about tech; every company wants your money, I know common sense right? But I am switching up my gaming situation and I realized, if you had a PS3, Xbox 360 they are being left out come next year, Wii was left behind for the Wii U a while ago, PSP's went kaput a while ago, if your phone is from early last year or older, you need to upgrade, your tablet if it ain't from this year is getting old, and that Galaxy Gear was old once the Gear Live came out. Not only that for hardware there is software, you pay for games and apps on your phone and tablets, you pay for games if you have a portable console, you pay for games on your home console. That is by my reckoning 4 different stores that get your money alone.

And now we have reached a point where that is becoming streamlined, Android is becoming quickly a viable portable gaming platform along with iOS, and to an extent WP with it's Xbox games. Apps and games for your phone can be on your tablet if you use Android on both, and if you want console gaming Android TV is shaping up to be something viable in the near future and if you can't wait for that, the Nvidia Shield Tablet can be your tablet and home console, and portable gaming device (http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/129872-nvidia-shield-tablet-could-be-android-games-console-we-actually-want-and-here-s-why) . I must say I really support streamlining tech as of right now because 1 store is your source for everything for your software. Your money and and even mines goes everywhere for everything, and we don't even realize how many companies want and get your money. Hardware is one thing but for software, it get's expensive too. :-$

Last edited:

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I had a epiphany not 5 minutes ago about tech; every company wants your money, I know common sense right? But I am switching up my gaming situation and I realized, if you had a PS3, Xbox 360 they are being left out come next year, Wii was left behind for the Wii U a while ago, PSP's went kaput a while ago, if your phone is from early last year or older, you need to upgrade, your tablet if it ain't from this year is getting old, and that Galaxy Gear was old once the Gear Live came out. Not only that for hardware there is software, you pay for games and apps on your phone and tablets, you pay for games if you have a portable console, you pay for games on your home console. That is by my reckoning 4 different stores that get your money alone.

And now we have reached a point where that is becoming streamlined, Android is becoming quickly a viable portable gaming platform along with iOS, and to an extent WP with it's Xbox games. Apps and games for your phone can be on your tablet if you use Android on both, and if you want console gaming Android TV is shaping up to be something viable in the near future and if you can't wait for that, the Nvidia Shield Tablet can be your tablet and home console, and portable gaming device. I must say I really support streamlining tech as of right now because 1 store is your source for everything for your software. Your money and and even mines goes everywhere for everything, and we don't even realize how many companies want and get your money. Hardware is one thing but for software, it get's expensive too. :-$

That's capitalism for you: built-in redundancy.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
That's capitalism for you: built-in redundancy.

I love capitalism but I realized my money goes to apps and games for my phone, media for my console and laptop, games for my Xbox plus paying for online play. It is ridiculous, this is why I think we should look to streamline our tech for the future, so many different stores get our money and money don't come easily.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I mean streamlined tech is nice and all, but you know it's nice that you can mix it up
I mean you can have an Xbox, windows phone, a pc, and all Microsoft stuff, but why do they all need to be the same?
You can have an iPhone, PC, a PS3, and a wii, and while 4 different companies are getting your money, what's wrong with that? Even if you streamlined it into one company, you still might be paying the same as if you had different companies products
Or are you talking about combining gaming, a phone, a tablet, and TV into like one device (we kinda already have but that's not that point)

So in all I see your point, but I don't necessarily agree (and sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying, if I did, please explain)

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I mean streamlined tech is nice and all, but you know it's nice that you can mix it up
I mean you can have an Xbox, windows phone, a pc, and all Microsoft stuff, but why do they all need to be the same?
You can have an iPhone, PC, a PS3, and a wii, and while 4 different companies are getting your money, what's wrong with that? Even if you streamlined it into one company, you still might be paying the same as if you had different companies products
Or are you talking about combining gaming, a phone, a tablet, and TV into like one device (we kinda already have but that's not that point)

So in all I see your point, but I don't necessarily agree (and sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying, if I did, please explain)

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

Yeah, my point is that you only pay for apps and games from one store and not multiple stores. As of now when you mix and match you pay for apps and games for your phone, apps and games for your tablet (if it is a different OS), games for your portable console, and games for your home console, instead of having multiple stores to pay to you pay to one store and have the apps and games the same across all your devices.

Microsoft is halfway there, but you still pay for games separately for your Xbox and universal apps and games aren't that big with Devs yet. For Android on the other hand, apps and games are the same on tablets and phones, and the play store mobile games are very decent for portable gaming. It was only recently though with Nvidia some decent console level games are available too, making Android a viable streamlined OS for console, portable gaming, tablets and phones.

And that was my point streamlining is helping us keep our money in one store and not multiple companies mooching off of us consumers.

Posted via Android Central App