Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Input languages

I'm looking for an app that supports more input languages.

Default Re: Input languages

Are you talking about a keyboard?

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Are you talking about a keyboard?
    I'm talking about keyboard language but i prefer to use the default keyboard of my phone.

Are you using Google Keyboard? Go to Settings>Language & Input, tap the settings icon next to Google Keyboard, then Input Languages. Uncheck "Use system language." There are many many languages listed there that you can choose--have you tried any of them? I've never tried it myself, so this is only a suggestion--I'm not guaranteeing it'll solve your problem.

Actually, I just tried it. It should work for you. I just changed the Input Language to Arabic. So when I brought up the keyboard to type something, it initially shows the English QWERTY keyboard, but you'll notice that the spacebar now says "English," as well as a "..."--that "..." means that if you long press the key, you'll get other options. Long pressing the spacebar will now give you the option to change the keys to the language you just selected in the Settings menu.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Are you using Google Keyboard? Go to Settings>Language & Input, tap the settings icon next to Google Keyboard, then Input Languages. Uncheck "Use system language." There are many many languages listed there that you can choose--have you tried any of them? I've never tried it myself, so this is only a suggestion--I'm not guaranteeing it'll solve your problem.

Actually, I just tried it. It should work for you. I just changed the Input Language to Arabic. So when I brought up the keyboard to type something, it initially shows the English QWERTY keyboard, but you'll notice that the spacebar now says "English," as well as a "..."--that "..." means that if you long press the key, you'll get other options. Long pressing the spacebar will now give you the option to change the keys to the language you just selected in the Settings menu.
    Do you know where i can download the Google Keyboard?

Available on Google Play--do you have access to it? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utmethod.latin

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Available on Google Play--do you have access to it? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utmethod.latin
    I have access to it. I already downloaded it.