Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: What's the best thing to use to hear music from my S5 in my almost 10 year old SUV?

Quote Originally Posted by raptir View Post
    The head unit option would give you the best quality but is obviously the most difficult to implement.

A cassette adapter or FM transmitter are the easiest solutions. They have the same potential audio quality but you run into fewer interference issues with a cassette adapter.

A bluetooth speaker (or even a portable speaker with an aux in) would give you better quality in terms of the audio signal but you drop from your car speakers to a smaller speaker. My personal recommendation would be the UE Mini Boom. It has great sound quality for the size/price and is small enough to fit in your glovebox easily.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Wirel...idcentral00-20

The volume is high enough that I can't turn it up all the way at pool parties, so you'd be fine in your car.
    I second the recommendation for this speaker. I just bought one for my wife to replace her old portable speaker. The speaker is small but has great sound. Plenty of volume for a car.

Default Re: What's the best thing to use to hear music from my S5 in my almost 10 year old SUV?

I have these lugulake speakers if you have the space. They goes pretty loud for their size, they aren't boombox sound but they have pretty good sound clarity. Amazon.com: LuguLake Portable Bluetooth Speaker, with Stand function Wireless Stereo Speaker Built-in 3.5mm Aux Port: Cell Phones & Accessories

In order for me to listen to music off my phone in my 13 yr old SUV i had to replace the deck with something that had bluetooth as well as usb and input ports. I ended up with a double din JVC KW 500 that fit perfectly in the space left by the OE head unit.

I get better quality using a 80g ipod using usb then i do using a belkin bluetooth adapter.

I installed an auxiliary input to my stock radio on my 2004 Dodge Dakota. It plugs in the rear of the radio unit and gives me a 3.5mm input jack to plug in my phone. The nice thing is that it plays through the trucks audio unit and is controlled (volume, etc.) from the radio also.
    I would check and see if your SUV radio would support something like this.

Chrysler radio auxiliary input adapter pie chry02-aux 300m pt cruiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12