Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, it is that time again, my fall college semester is starting up and I need some apps to keep me focused. I managed to sync my School Calendar (even the Patriots schedule) with my Google Calendar, so now I can view everything from Google Calendar.

I need a Calendar App that has a Desktop client or a even a Chrome app and it has to have a functional app on Android too. Any help is appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The Chrome store has an extension for the Google Calendar. Is that what you are looking for, in addition to using the stock calendar app on your device?

Or, are you looking for alternatives?

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The Chrome store has an extension for the Google Calendar. Is that what you are looking for, in addition to using the stock calendar app on your device?

Or, are you looking for alternatives?

Alternatives first.

Posted via the Android Central App

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Well after some research I am using Sunrise on my laptop and phone. I just wanted a good app that was decent to have a laptop and phone app and Sunrise does just fine.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Well after some research I am using Sunrise on my laptop and phone. I just wanted a good app that was decent to have a laptop and phone app and Sunrise does just fine.

I saw sunrise recently and was thinking of trying it. I think there's also an extension for Chrome. Everything seems Ok with it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I saw sunrise recently and was thinking of trying it. I think there's also an extension for Chrome. Everything seems Ok with it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Yup, the Chrome Extension is essentially an app, I pinned it to my taskbar on my laptop so I can launch it as a separate app whenever I want. It is actually very smooth too. The phone app I have been enjoying as well. It still does not have a month view but it works just fine without it. Outside of Sunrise, Google Calendar is the only app I can find on Android and has a Chrome app.

Here's hoping more come in the future, but for now Sunrise will do just fine.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
the market disagrees.

That's the market, it looks way too cluttered. Maybe functionally it is good, but my simple mind can not get past that UI. Even then for pure functionality for just an Android calendar app, I would use Business Calendar.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
That's the market, it looks way too cluttered. Maybe functionally it is good, but my simple mind can not get past that UI. Even then for pure functionality for just an Android calendar app, I would use Business Calendar.

see middle widget. it's very clean. you can make it as clean as you want. just like a paper calendar.

jorte1.jpg

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
the 4x5 "Month View" Widget is critical to see your month at a view with each event listed in text. and that's why Sunrise is poor.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
the 4x5 "Month View" Widget is critical to see your month at a view with each event listed in text. and that's why Sunrise is poor.

I agree month view is critical, but Sunrise excels at everything else, including having a functional app for PC, which makes it better than Jorte in my opinion.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Well, it is that time again, my fall college semester is starting up and I need some apps to keep me focused. I managed to sync my School Calendar (even the Patriots schedule) with my Google Calendar, so now I can view everything from Google Calendar.

I need a Calendar App that has a Desktop client or a even a Chrome app and it has to have a functional app on Android too. Any help is appreciated.

If you are using Google Calender then you don't need an app, just MHO.

Desktop -> Google Calender from your browser.
Phone -> There is a calender app on it already.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

Google's native calendar app is not user friendly IMO. Definitely not as easy to read as Sunrise.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

I rather prefer a dedicated app, instead of logging on every time.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Google's native calendar app is not user friendly IMO. Definitely not as easy to read as Sunrise.

I think the native calendar is okish, but Sunrise is much better. It has a much cleaner widget too.