Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By A895
  • 1 Post By JeffDenver
  • 1 Post By oriugg
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default

    Well, it is that time again, my fall college semester is starting up and I need some apps to keep me focused. I managed to sync my School Calendar (even the Patriots schedule) with my Google Calendar, so now I can view everything from Google Calendar.

    I need a Calendar App that has a Desktop client or a even a Chrome app and it has to have a functional app on Android too. Any help is appreciated.
  2. #2  
  3. #3  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    9,135 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    The Chrome store has an extension for the Google Calendar. Is that what you are looking for, in addition to using the stock calendar app on your device?

    Or, are you looking for alternatives?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    The Chrome store has an extension for the Google Calendar. Is that what you are looking for, in addition to using the stock calendar app on your device?

    Or, are you looking for alternatives?
    Alternatives first.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    Jorte looks awful IMO.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    Well after some research I am using Sunrise on my laptop and phone. I just wanted a good app that was decent to have a laptop and phone app and Sunrise does just fine.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  7. #7  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    9,135 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Well after some research I am using Sunrise on my laptop and phone. I just wanted a good app that was decent to have a laptop and phone app and Sunrise does just fine.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    I saw sunrise recently and was thinking of trying it. I think there's also an extension for Chrome. Everything seems Ok with it?

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    I saw sunrise recently and was thinking of trying it. I think there's also an extension for Chrome. Everything seems Ok with it?

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Yup, the Chrome Extension is essentially an app, I pinned it to my taskbar on my laptop so I can launch it as a separate app whenever I want. It is actually very smooth too. The phone app I have been enjoying as well. It still does not have a month view but it works just fine without it. Outside of Sunrise, Google Calendar is the only app I can find on Android and has a Chrome app.

    Here's hoping more come in the future, but for now Sunrise will do just fine.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    srkmagnus likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Jorte looks awful IMO.
    the market disagrees.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    the market disagrees.
    That's the market, it looks way too cluttered. Maybe functionally it is good, but my simple mind can not get past that UI. Even then for pure functionality for just an Android calendar app, I would use Business Calendar.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    That's the market, it looks way too cluttered. Maybe functionally it is good, but my simple mind can not get past that UI. Even then for pure functionality for just an Android calendar app, I would use Business Calendar.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    see middle widget. it's very clean. you can make it as clean as you want. just like a paper calendar.

    Best Calendar App for PC and Phone-jorte1.jpg
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    see middle widget. it's very clean. you can make it as clean as you want. just like a paper calendar.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jorte1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	247.6 KB 
ID:	131092
    Maybe it is my eyes, but it seems cluttered. Sunrise is much cleaner.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best Calendar App for PC and Phone-2143.jpg   Best Calendar App for PC and Phone-2144.jpg  
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    the 4x5 "Month View" Widget is critical to see your month at a view with each event listed in text. and that's why Sunrise is poor.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    the 4x5 "Month View" Widget is critical to see your month at a view with each event listed in text. and that's why Sunrise is poor.
    I agree month view is critical, but Sunrise excels at everything else, including having a functional app for PC, which makes it better than Jorte in my opinion.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  15. #15  
    JeffDenver's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,925 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    the market disagrees.
    The market is wrong. Jorte is a mess.

    I am still using Sunrise as well. Not perfect, but better than anything else I have found. Hopefully Android L will help some of the Calendars make their UI more easy to use.
    Thanked by:
    A895 
    A895 likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    Cannot agree with Jorte... So messy and scrappy.
    Thanked by:
    A895 
    A895 likes this.
  17. #17  
    sting7k's Avatar

    Posts
    562 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,619 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Well, it is that time again, my fall college semester is starting up and I need some apps to keep me focused. I managed to sync my School Calendar (even the Patriots schedule) with my Google Calendar, so now I can view everything from Google Calendar.

    I need a Calendar App that has a Desktop client or a even a Chrome app and it has to have a functional app on Android too. Any help is appreciated.
    If you are using Google Calender then you don't need an app, just MHO.

    Desktop -> Google Calender from your browser.
    Phone -> There is a calender app on it already.
  18. #18  
    JeffDenver's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,925 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    If you are using Google Calender then you don't need an app, just MHO.

    Desktop -> Google Calender from your browser.
    Phone -> There is a calender app on it already.
    Google's native calendar app is not user friendly IMO. Definitely not as easy to read as Sunrise.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    If you are using Google Calender then you don't need an app, just MHO.

    Desktop -> Google Calender from your browser.
    Phone -> There is a calender app on it already.
    I rather prefer a dedicated app, instead of logging on every time.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    Google's native calendar app is not user friendly IMO. Definitely not as easy to read as Sunrise.
    I think the native calendar is okish, but Sunrise is much better. It has a much cleaner widget too.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    I dropped Sunrise yesterday. Month view was annoying and I figured out that I will have to rely on Microsoft services this semester. Sunrise does not allow adding Outlook accounts, so I spent maybe an hour switching to mostly all Microsoft services on my laptop and phone and now I am using the stock calendar with the Windows 8 calendar app.


    Turns out the Windows 8 calendar app is not bad and the mail client isn't either.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best Calendar App for PC and Phone-screenshot_2014-08-14-07-29-01.jpg  
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    Cal.... I really like the looks and flow of the thing. Plus, it is integrated with Any.do, a really good task app.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Best Calendar App for PC and Phone

    One of the alternatives is to use Calendarplus, available on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....calendar_plus

    Best Calendar App for PC and Phone-angle-u00252bview_left-u00252bcopy.jpg

Similar Threads

  1. best app to monitor data usage
    By mavericket in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-08-2014, 03:12 PM
  2. What does backup and restore do besides the obvious?
    By raidencmc in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2014, 09:32 AM
  3. Best app to monitor data usage
    By mavericket in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 10:23 AM

Posting Permissions