- 1,094 Posts
The Weather Channel App - battery drain
The new update of The Weather Channel app is a horrific drain on the battery. I've used it now for 2 days and battery consumption has gone from 6% to almost 14% of battery usage according to the battery monitor.
If you are concerned about apps that eat batteries be careful of this update.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
- 08-11-2014, 08:49 PM #2
- 37 Posts
Re: The Weather Channel App - battery drain
That app has always been a battery killer for me, even before the current update. I tried shutting down the notifications , not using the widget, and even more but nothing seemed to ease its drain on the battery. Finally I just added it to the hibernate list in Greenify.
I don't need to have weather alerts badly enough to justify running an app that consumes the battery at a ridiculous rate.
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
- 12-30-2014, 09:48 AM #3
- By Andrew Ye in forum LG G3Replies: 8Last Post: 08-14-2014, 01:04 PM
- By henryfool3 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 7Last Post: 08-12-2014, 10:17 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-11-2014, 07:00 PM
- By boardrider121 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 08-11-2014, 06:13 PM
- By ashleigh089 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 08-11-2014, 06:01 PM