Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Give me some advice

There is an Android Box, called VidOn Box, will be sold in hardware + software way, Hardware: $ 49 , Software: 1.99 / month. In the first year, I need to spend $72.88. If I still need advanced features, I need to renew my membership and choose monthly or annual renewals after one year. Considering the price, I used to buy other boxes are $ 100 or more, VidOn box is only $ 72.88, it is really cheap. Can anyone give me some advice?

Global Posts
    9,348 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

What is the box supposed to do? Is it for streaming services like Netflix and Hulu?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Give me some advice

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    What is the box supposed to do? Is it for streaming services like Netflix and Hulu?

There are some membership service, for example, Blu-ray Menu Navigation and VidOn XBMC. I am considering whether to buy it or not.

Global Posts
    9,348 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

Seems to me like it's just a box with some features you can already get for free on your phone (like being able to back up photos and other data).

Unless you have a specific feature of the device, I wouldn't recommend buying it

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AnstisZola View Post
    There is an Android Box, called VidOn Box, will be sold in hardware + software way, Hardware: $ 49 , Software: 1.99 / month. In the first year, I need to spend $72.88. If I still need advance feature, I need to renew my membership and choose monthly or annual renewals after one year. Considering the price, I used to buy other boxes are $ 100 or more, VidOn box is only $ 72.88, it is really cheap. Can anyone give me some advice?
    I feel that the charge of service is not the point, I usually buy a new Android Box in every one or two years, the charge of hardware and software is about $100 for two years, it is reasonable price. My concern is what's they can offer with this membership service.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Membership service in the official website.
    Now
    Blu-ray Menu Navigation: Play Blu-ray movies in menu mode and enjoy real Blu-ray navigation on the Android Box.

VidOn XBMC: Earlier than others to experience the latest version of VidOn XBMC.

Future
    Mobile Transfer: Download movies in high speed on your iPhone, iPad, Android Phone and Android Pad.

Photo Backup: Back up photos from your phone or pad to your private cloud.

Access Library: Access multimedia library of VidOn Box through iOS or Android devices.

And more…….

Any thought?

Any thought?
    My thought is, you have a stake in this and are trying to generate interest/visits to the site...
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    My thought is, you have a stake in this and are trying to generate interest/visits to the site...
    You misunderstood me, I am just considering whether to buy it or not. Thank you anyway.

You did ask for thoughts...

Your only posts are in this thread and saying hello to new users.

Meets the profile of a SPAMmer. Build up a phony post count so it looks like you belong at a higher level of participation than you actually have and also unlocks the ability to post hyperlinks along with other established member benefits. Plus a singular desire to push a certain name repeatedly...

So I was just sharing my thoughts and now I'm sharing why I had them...

P.S.: Spoken like a SPAMmer, this is:
    <link deleted> Please browse the webpage...
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    You did ask for thoughts...

Your only posts are in this thread and saying hello to new users.

Meets the profile of a SPAMmer. Build up a phony post count so it looks like you belong at a higher level of participation than you actually have and also unlocks the ability to post hyperlinks along with other established member benefits. Plus a singular desire to push a certain name repeatedly...

So I was just sharing my thoughts and now I'm sharing why I had them...

P.S.: Spoken like a SPAMmer, this is:
    I have accepted your suggestion and deleted the link, I just show you what are the membership service and whether it is worth buying or not.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Membership service in the official website.
    Now
    Blu-ray Menu Navigation: Play Blu-ray movies in menu mode and enjoy real Blu-ray navigation on the Android Box.

VidOn XBMC: Earlier than others to experience the latest version of VidOn XBMC.

Future
    Mobile Transfer: Download movies in high speed on your iPhone, iPad, Android Phone and Android Pad.

Photo Backup: Back up photos from your phone or pad to your private cloud.

Access Library: Access multimedia library of VidOn Box through iOS or Android devices.

And more…….

Any thought?
    The feature of Photo Backup is awesome.