Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What happens if...

Just curious because I put my music from iTunes on my computer on to my Nexus 5, what happens if some virus gets into the phone or something just formats the whole "Internal Storage" and then there will be no OS on the phone. I'm always paranoid that this is going to happen, also its stock os no mods or anything

Global Posts
    26,616 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: What happens if...

I wouldn't worry so much about it. Most viruses/malware/etc, comes from loading apps from less reputable sites.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows Phone 8.1 Update + Lumia Denim

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Huang View Post
    Just curious because I put my music from iTunes on my computer on to my Nexus 5, what happens if some virus gets into the phone or something just formats the whole "Internal Storage" and then there will be no OS on the phone. I'm always paranoid that this is going to happen, also its stock os no mods or anything
    That has never happened once. In the history of the universe. Or if it has, it hasn't happened very often...I have been a smart phone nerd since 2009, and have never come across this even once. There are multipole layers of defense to prevent that from happening. You'd have a hard time even doing it on purpose yourself.

MP3s (and most other document files) are incapable of carrying viruses anyway. Word/Excel documents are an exception, but even they only transmit viruses to MS-Office, not to your OS.

So long as your security is left on (it's on by default), your chances of getting a virus are close to zero. Even if you did get a virus, viruses capable of doing what you are talking about would be so rare that they likely do not even exist. The vast (VAST) majority of viruses are designed to try to capture information (passwords, ect) from you or spam you with ads.

Stop using the pirated apps, then you will not be harmed. And get a AV app just in case.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk