Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Default Google now cards

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some help on getting certain cards for Google Now (specifically flight and tracking packages).
    When I go to my Google now settings, there are only a few categories: Sports, Stocks, Places, TV, Everything Else. In none of those categories can I find flight cards or cards to track my packages. How do I get these cards? The only cards that appear on my Google now is sports and weather...

Default Re: Google now cards

Pretty much everything is on by default, but those cards are based on your Gmail, so bear in mind that only tracking numbers and flight information sent to your Gmail address will show up automatically. I believe that you can force a flight card to appear by doing a Google search for the flight number, though.

EDIT: Come to think of it, you might be able to force a package tracking card by searching for the tracking number, but I have no idea, it's just something you can try if you feel compelled.

Default Re: Google now cards

Here's one I learned to force Cortana... It should work for Google Now as well.

The issue is not just email. The email needs certain markups and if you never get an appropriate markup sent, no tracking can occur automatically. So how to force it manually?

Try inputting (type may be best for this) "Track XX ####" where XX = Airline abbreviation code and #### = flight number. This generates a track for the most imminent flight of that airline & number. Then, if this is not your flight... Edit the card to have the correct date of the flight and you are tracking. Note that the resources used to track will only go out about 30 days ahead of time so that is a hard limit no matter how the tracking is set up (automagically or manually).

Thanks goes to organic fertilizer: misc: flying with cortana
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S