Working at VZW

Asmello44

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I recently had an interview for a VZW sales rep and I just wanted to see what people's thoughts were about the position. Opportunity for advancement? Etc

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Send me your address and I'll send you a sympathy card. When things go right, you'll be lucky to get a "thank you" from a customer. When something goes wrong, even if it's the customer's fault, they'll blame you. I once got yelled at because someone's kid threw the phone into a - shall we say unflushed - toilet, and it couldn't be fixed. It was my fault for not being able to fix it - for free. When you couldn't send an MMS between carriers it was my fault (even though it took the industry a few years to get things to work).

It's a thankless job. Your job is not to know about cellphones, it's to know which ones to sell, and to sell them and to sell accessories (which are FAR more profitable). If you're interested in sales, it's not a bad job. (Retail isn't a business for people who already have low self-esteem - it'll get beaten down every day, whether you're selling cellphones or shirts.) But you're not going to go to work one day only to find the doors locked and the company gone. (I've outlasted a few companies I worked for.)

If you're looking for something more technical - even at the level of being able to answer some of the questions posted here - it's a foot in the company door, and may lead you to customer service.

Good luck, don't take it personally and try to have fun without stepping over the line.

Asmello44

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Send me your address and I'll send you a sympathy card. When things go right, you'll be lucky to get a "thank you" from a customer. When something goes wrong, even if it's the customer's fault, they'll blame you. I once got yelled at because someone's kid threw the phone into a - shall we say unflushed - toilet, and it couldn't be fixed. It was my fault for not being able to fix it - for free. When you couldn't send an MMS between carriers it was my fault (even though it took the industry a few years to get things to work).

It's a thankless job. Your job is not to know about cellphones, it's to know which ones to sell, and to sell them and to sell accessories (which are FAR more profitable). If you're interested in sales, it's not a bad job. (Retail isn't a business for people who already have low self-esteem - it'll get beaten down every day, whether you're selling cellphones or shirts.) But you're not going to go to work one day only to find the doors locked and the company gone. (I've outlasted a few companies I worked for.)

If you're looking for something more technical - even at the level of being able to answer some of the questions posted here - it's a foot in the company door, and may lead you to customer service.

Good luck, don't take it personally and try to have fun without stepping over the line.

Oh I know how the game is played I've worked at sprint for two years my question was about Verizon in particular... I can handle the bad customers, escalations were not a tough thing for me. But how is the company/job?