Projector Phones

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Anybody think it would be cool for phones to have projectors on them, so you could project photos and movies on to your wall? And does anybody know if this technology is being worked on?

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

arkuaticx

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I think it would be cool but the technology isn't up there yet to produce a good quality image to really justify the cost of owning such a device. The Samsung Beam costs around 400+ dollars for only a 15 lumen lamp...(buuuu). However, I do have a portable projector that also has Android built in that I can vouch for (AAXA LED Android). I purchased this unit from Amazon after seeing the reviews on PCMag of their other products. It's a pretty cool projector. If you look up "AAXA Android Micro Projector. New LED Projector that can stream Netflix" on Youtube (I don't have the power to post links yet haha..) you can see my footage of the projector playing a Netflix movie off of it. It's in the same price range as the Samsung Beam so you might want to take a look!

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I had a window mobile projector phone made by lg called 'expo'. This was back at 2010 and it had finger print scanner to unlock the phone(that's why I don't understand the big deal they are making about the finger print scanner now, as if it's something new) . The optional lg Pico projector went on the back of the phone. However, Window mobile was obsolete by then, otherwise, it would have being cool at least be able to watch movie on my wall.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

arkuaticx

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
^Yup! there are some that are portable enough in the pocket already. I think brookstone has something that you can buy that mates to the phone. You might want to check that out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2