What your likes and dislikes about android?

inderhayer

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Likes about android

1. Android phones are cheaper as compared to iphone in general
2. Apps are also cheaper in android phone

Dislikes

1. Less secure
2. There is inconsistency in OS upgradtion. e.g My S2 got OS update to 4.1.2 later as compared to some other guy in another part of world .

Google should upgrade OS like Apple Does

barth2

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
^^^ Google can't upgrade the os like apple does. Way too many OEMs using android, and Google cannot control them all. That's just the downside of open source.

That said, they can always do more to push the OEMs. The google play experience is their attempt to get rid of bloatware the OEMs favor.

OS consolidation has its benefits. I notice some apps (not the big guys like Facebook, but small independent apps) look really old, even though they are actively maintained. I'm guessing these were started on android 2 or 3. When iOS went to 7, within a few months, most apps I used had converted to the new look and functions. The devs see the fast upgrade adoption rate, and they know if they don't update, their apps will look old and outdated. Once apps started to straight out require 7, the hold out users had to upgrade too or miss out on the cool new apps. Of course then people complain that apple is slowing down their phones on purpose to make them buy new ones.

Android good: all the customization. Android bad: all the customization. I've spent waaayyyy too much time fiddling with my home screen. Must. Stop.

meterf

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I wish Android can improve with better built-in offline backup and finer permission control. Really hope that google can take a page from Apple in these two areas.

nbtthief

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Android good: all the customization. Android bad: all the customization. I've spent waaayyyy too much time fiddling with my home screen. Must. Stop.

I aggree with you, plus i hate google play store, they need to monitor better their store. There're too many "suspicious" apps on the store

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown