Galaxy S5 or LG G3 question

dlrogers81

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
In the long run, which device will hold its value longer, in your opinion? I ask because I currently have the S5 and I'm also getting a G3 through a trade. I have to sell one, so it all comes down to the one that will hold its value. I haven't tried the G3 yet, but I'm sure it's great too. I would think Samsung products would hold their value longer like the iPhone? Just thought I would ask the experts of Android since I've always been mostly a Blackberry user.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing the S5 being Samsung.

I just sold it for $625 with the Samsung Extra Battery Kit, Wireless Back, Nillkin Charging Orb and Electric Blue case.

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras." MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Resale value has nothing to do with the phone. It's all in the name. Apple and Samsung have the highest retention rates and resale value...and that falls squarely on both brand's Q rating and little to do with the actual phones.

9ersfan3

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
The s5 is probably going to hold its value longer because it's simply in higher damend....it's the more popular phone...you know, samsung knows marketing

Posted via Android Central App

alinescoo

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I see no point for 1440p resolution, it will take battery, processing power and performance... and I think S5 will have a better long time developers support for custom roms.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
In the long run, which device will hold its value longer, in your opinion? I ask because I currently have the S5 and I'm also getting a G3 through a trade. I have to sell one, so it all comes down to the one that will hold its value. I haven't tried the G3 yet, but I'm sure it's great too. I would think Samsung products would hold their value longer like the iPhone? Just thought I would ask the experts of Android since I've always been mostly a Blackberry user.
The G3 is better hardware. But Samsung has a better track record with updates than LG does.

If you mean resale value, I think they will be about the same. Samsung has better brand recognition, but the G3 is better hardware.

If I had to pick one, it would be the S5, just because of brand recognition. But the margin would be extremely tight if it existed at all. And this might change in the future...LG looks poised to replace Samsung as the darling of the Android world. They have been producing great products for the last year or so.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I see no point for 1440p resolution, it will take battery, processing power and performance... and I think S5 will have a better long time developers support for custom roms.

The G3 has a huge battery already. I would not worry about battery life with either of these phones. It would be like saying a Ferrari has a worse engine than a Lamborghini....who cares heh heh.

The displays are probably going to look the same to most people, thats true. But a higher resolution is never a bad thing. The human eye will be able to see pixels up to at least 500 or 600ppi and maybe higher, so until phones reach that point (and none of them have yet), more is better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma