Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By barth2
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will android L be white white white

One thing I like about android is its predilection for dark scheme. For example the settings app is white text on black. The default keyboard is white text on dark keys. Many third party apps follows suit and offer choice of either light or dark interface.

This matters to me because my eyes are sensitive to light so I really prefer the white text on dark background, like from the old pre Mac pre Windows, text UI days.

Alas, the screen shots previewing android L look like it's going to be white white white everywhere. This is bad enough in itself but I'm afraid it will have a trickle down effect and everything else will be white too. I hope not

Default Re: Will android L be white white white

Well....after samsung gets ahold of it....it'll be navy blue. Good for amoled screens at least lol

Posted via Android Central App

I feel you buddy, it seems both iOS and Android want white everywhere, I much prefer how BB10 and Windows Phone allows you to theme the entire OS to your liking, something I think Android needs.

I'm not liking the idea of a super white theme either. I'll be curious to see how it looks upon release.

Posted via the Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by 9ersfan3 View Post
    Well....after samsung gets ahold of it....it'll be navy blue. Good for amoled screens at least lol

Posted via Android Central App
    I thought oleds have a problem with blue longevity.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I am not a fan of the new Material design and not to mention the fact that it will take quite a while for OEM's to make the actual update... for for about 6 months only nexus will have it

Quote Originally Posted by barth2 View Post
    One thing I like about android is its predilection for dark scheme. For example the settings app is white text on black. The default keyboard is white text on dark keys. Many third party apps follows suit and offer choice of either light or dark interface.

This matters to me because my eyes are sensitive to light so I really prefer the white text on dark background, like from the old pre Mac pre Windows, text UI days.

Alas, the screen shots previewing android L look like it's going to be white white white everywhere. This is bad enough in itself but I'm afraid it will have a trickle down effect and everything else will be white too. I hope not
    On Motorola it was all cool and dark, on HTC - somewhat white... On my lenovo p780 it is just ****ty... and of course this navy blue Samsung UI...
    My apps look different when I use default theme. And this is just annoying.

I like white themes because they look minimalistic and clean. Plus, I noticed google likes to use different color buttons, which would look not that pretty on dark backgrounds.
    Dark themes also very nice.

But I really don't like something in between. Can you imagine, the icon in the action bar looks the same regardless of its state - disabled or enabled.

If I could change the default theme in my china-phone without flashing custom ROMs - it would be awesome...