S5,M8 or G3
So, obviously these are the 3 biggest android phones right now. And unfortunately there isn't a clear winner between them, which makes deciding between them very hard.
Basically the things I value in a phone are screen, battery life, usability/function, and storage. Camera is kinda important too, but not as important as the others listed.
So, pretty much it looks like the M8 was my clear choice because of its software, battery life, 32gb. Storage standard , and great screen. But the camera isn't very good compared to the other 2 phones and I am a little concerned the phone may be too big to use comfortably. And certain pieces I read claim tge GS5 is tge better overal pick due to camera, waterproofing, and removable back compared to the M8.
With the GS5 my big concern was that it only came with 16gb internal storage. It comes with SD card support, but isn't that very limited now in what you can put and use on it? Also, as I said , I read comparisons on wirecutter and they claimed the GS5 is the best overal pick out of the 3. And I trust what they say usually.
With the G3 I was very excited because it seemed perfect on paper. But I've been hearing a lot that because if the IMO not worth it 1440p screen that the phone has lag and performance issues and has battery and overheating issues. So that deflated my enthusiasm a ton.
I could really use some help making a decision here.
- 08-26-2014, 01:31 PM #2
- 08-26-2014, 02:38 PM #4
Re: S5,M8 or G3
So, here's where I'm at right now with all three of these phones:
The Galaxy S5: honestly, the only complaint I seem to have with the phone is it's rather meager 16gb internal storage. I'd be worried u would need to constantly monitor my space used, and SD card support in kit hat doesn't seem like it would help a ton considering the limitations it has. Other than that, I guess I'm not too fond if touchwiz, though I think I can live with it or use nova launcher. I'm mainly just worried about UI performance. I hear there's lag. Also, I guess I'd like better build materials, but I'm gonna put a case in the phone anyway, so maybe that's not worth worrying about. I do like that tge phone is water and the removable backing , and the screen. Also that it still seemed to score very high in benchmarks and battery life. I'd li
2. With the HTC ONE M8, my big concern is the camera. I've gone back and forth on how much I care about this, considering I never really take photos. However , it's something where is like a good one to use if I ever do. I just feel a bit uncomfortable having a sub par camera when I'm paying full flagship phone prices. Really , that might be my only issue. I would like if it had wireless charging or a removable back. But that's maybe not a deal breaker to me.
I like the software and the speed if the phone. Also apparently the battery pretty great.
Now we come to the phone in the most conflicted about. Really , this phone seemed perfect to be in paper and I would have gone out and gotten this one if I didn't hear certain complaints from some users or reviews. My worries are with the CPU/GPU performance and battery LIFE. I'm hearing a mix of comments and observations ranging from battery being not as good as the competition or that it noticeably will drop frames or lag. But thus thing seems pretty much a critical darling ..I'm just worriedith x when I play my mobile games I won't like it. Or performance issues will be noticeable?
I'm thinking of maybe just going with the G3 and see if I notice issues then exchange if I don't like it..
- 08-28-2014, 08:22 PM #6
- 08-28-2014, 08:42 PM #7
- 08-28-2014, 10:44 PM #8
- By Dave Hindle in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 03-14-2015, 11:39 PM
- By MONDINGO in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 ActiveReplies: 19Last Post: 09-02-2014, 08:16 AM
- By Sh0Ti in forum HTC One M8Replies: 2Last Post: 08-26-2014, 03:07 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2014, 01:21 PM
- By Bryan Desrosiers in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2014, 11:45 AM