Slow perfomance

marios1441

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
My phone is slow because of my apps installed even with a app task and startup cleaner. But i tried many programs that kills also services starting from a specific app. The only solution is to uninstall my apps. What else i can do?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
What device are you using? Is it slow in general or only for certain tasks?
Anyway, I'd recommend wiping the cache partition for the device.
Oh, and task managers aren't recommended. More often than not they are more detrimental to performance than they are helpful.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

marios1441

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 S7275R phone. It is slow in general. I wiped the cache partition for one more time but does not helped.
What device are you using? Is it slow in general or only for certain tasks?
Anyway, I'd recommend wiping the cache partition for the device.
Oh, and task managers aren't recommended. More often than not they are more detrimental to performance than they are helpful.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 S7275R phone. It is slow in general. I wiped the cache partition for one more time but does not helped.

Has it always been slow? A large amount of apps should have little to no effect on performance, so I don't think uninstalling will help much.

marios1441

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
It was fast when i bought it as it was only with large amount of system apps that was count to not make it slow (eating 500MB or ram and another 500mb left for user apps back then).
Has it always been slow? A large amount of apps should have little to no effect on performance, so I don't think uninstalling will help much.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It was fast when i bought it as it was only with large amount of system apps that was count to not make it slow (eating 500MB or ram and another 500mb left for user apps back then).

The amount of free RAM shouldn't change the performance too much over time. On Android, free RAM is basically wasted RAM.
If you've already done a factory reset, I'm not sure what else to suggest other than flashing the stock ROM for your device.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a tool that can tell you how much space you have in your /system partition?

A little bit back, my wife's Nexus 7 (2012) started running HORRIBLY slow and a factory reset didn't resolve the issue... took me a bit of snooping around before I noticed that there was only like 20MB of space left on the system partition (this partition is not cleaned when you do a factory reset either). I ended up flashing a custom ROM to save some /system space and it started to run happy again.

Just a thought.... cleaning it up, if you have root access, is not all that difficult if you are comfortable with such things.... short of that, you would have to find the stock, factory image and flash that (which completely wipes the phone).

marios1441

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Do you have to suggest one tool that tells how much space have on system partition?
Do you have a tool that can tell you how much space you have in your /system partition?

A little bit back, my wife's Nexus 7 (2012) started running HORRIBLY slow and a factory reset didn't resolve the issue... took me a bit of snooping around before I noticed that there was only like 20MB of space left on the system partition (this partition is not cleaned when you do a factory reset either). I ended up flashing a custom ROM to save some /system space and it started to run happy again.

Just a thought.... cleaning it up, if you have root access, is not all that difficult if you are comfortable with such things.... short of that, you would have to find the stock, factory image and flash that (which completely wipes the phone).

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Do you have to suggest one tool that tells how much space have on system partition?

Well, the free version of Titanium Backup will show you how much room you have on /system.

And I'm a HUGE fan of DiskUsage (look on Play Store) to find space issues... it gives a graphical representation of files so you see where the space is getting chewed up. The only hangup is that to fix/look at system stuff in place like that, you need root access.

If you don't have root access, or can't.... AND your system partition is crammed, then you have to flash your factory image... You have an Ace 3, so there SHOULD be a factory image out there that you can flash, along with instructions on HOW to flash it.... I had a SIII back in the day and it used a tool called Odin... and it was pretty easy to do.... not sure if that will apply to your Ace though.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, the free version of Titanium Backup will show you how much room you have on /system.

And I'm a HUGE fan of DiskUsage (look on Play Store) to find space issues... it gives a graphical representation of files so you see where the space is getting chewed up. The only hangup is that to fix/look at system stuff in place like that, you need root access.

If you don't have root access, or can't.... AND your system partition is crammed, then you have to flash your factory image... You have an Ace 3, so there SHOULD be a factory image out there that you can flash, along with instructions on HOW to flash it.... I had a SIII back in the day and it used a tool called Odin... and it was pretty easy to do.... not sure if that will apply to your Ace though.

Odin should work with most Samsung devices. The procedure is going to be the same as the one for the S3 though :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
What is the age of your memory card? Can it be too old? SD card has no inifinite life and has limited cycles of writes on it

The number of cycles is extremely high though. I doubt he is anywhere near the capacity of write data.

gigglegeeks

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
It's recommended by Android devs that you shouldn't use task manager or any tools which operate by killing processes. Try Greenify to hibernate your apps when you are not using them. That'll make your phone faster.