Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LeoRex
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Slow perfomance

    My phone is slow because of my apps installed even with a app task and startup cleaner. But i tried many programs that kills also services starting from a specific app. The only solution is to uninstall my apps. What else i can do?
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Slow perfomance

    What device are you using? Is it slow in general or only for certain tasks?
    Anyway, I'd recommend wiping the cache partition for the device.
    Oh, and task managers aren't recommended. More often than not they are more detrimental to performance than they are helpful.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Slow perfomance

    I'm using Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 S7275R phone. It is slow in general. I wiped the cache partition for one more time but does not helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    What device are you using? Is it slow in general or only for certain tasks?
    Anyway, I'd recommend wiping the cache partition for the device.
    Oh, and task managers aren't recommended. More often than not they are more detrimental to performance than they are helpful.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
  4. #4  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Slow perfomance

    Quote Originally Posted by marios1441 View Post
    I'm using Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 S7275R phone. It is slow in general. I wiped the cache partition for one more time but does not helped.
    Has it always been slow? A large amount of apps should have little to no effect on performance, so I don't think uninstalling will help much.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Slow perfomance

    It was fast when i bought it as it was only with large amount of system apps that was count to not make it slow (eating 500MB or ram and another 500mb left for user apps back then).
    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Has it always been slow? A large amount of apps should have little to no effect on performance, so I don't think uninstalling will help much.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
  6. #6  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Slow perfomance

    Quote Originally Posted by marios1441 View Post
    It was fast when i bought it as it was only with large amount of system apps that was count to not make it slow (eating 500MB or ram and another 500mb left for user apps back then).
    The amount of free RAM shouldn't change the performance too much over time. On Android, free RAM is basically wasted RAM.
    If you've already done a factory reset, I'm not sure what else to suggest other than flashing the stock ROM for your device.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Slow perfomance

    Do you have a tool that can tell you how much space you have in your /system partition?

    A little bit back, my wife's Nexus 7 (2012) started running HORRIBLY slow and a factory reset didn't resolve the issue... took me a bit of snooping around before I noticed that there was only like 20MB of space left on the system partition (this partition is not cleaned when you do a factory reset either). I ended up flashing a custom ROM to save some /system space and it started to run happy again.

    Just a thought.... cleaning it up, if you have root access, is not all that difficult if you are comfortable with such things.... short of that, you would have to find the stock, factory image and flash that (which completely wipes the phone).
    UJ95x likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Slow perfomance

    Do you have to suggest one tool that tells how much space have on system partition?
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoRex View Post
    Do you have a tool that can tell you how much space you have in your /system partition?

    A little bit back, my wife's Nexus 7 (2012) started running HORRIBLY slow and a factory reset didn't resolve the issue... took me a bit of snooping around before I noticed that there was only like 20MB of space left on the system partition (this partition is not cleaned when you do a factory reset either). I ended up flashing a custom ROM to save some /system space and it started to run happy again.

    Just a thought.... cleaning it up, if you have root access, is not all that difficult if you are comfortable with such things.... short of that, you would have to find the stock, factory image and flash that (which completely wipes the phone).
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Slow perfomance

    Quote Originally Posted by marios1441 View Post
    Do you have to suggest one tool that tells how much space have on system partition?
    Well, the free version of Titanium Backup will show you how much room you have on /system.

    And I'm a HUGE fan of DiskUsage (look on Play Store) to find space issues... it gives a graphical representation of files so you see where the space is getting chewed up. The only hangup is that to fix/look at system stuff in place like that, you need root access.

    If you don't have root access, or can't.... AND your system partition is crammed, then you have to flash your factory image... You have an Ace 3, so there SHOULD be a factory image out there that you can flash, along with instructions on HOW to flash it.... I had a SIII back in the day and it used a tool called Odin... and it was pretty easy to do.... not sure if that will apply to your Ace though.
  10. #10  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Slow perfomance

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoRex View Post
    Well, the free version of Titanium Backup will show you how much room you have on /system.

    And I'm a HUGE fan of DiskUsage (look on Play Store) to find space issues... it gives a graphical representation of files so you see where the space is getting chewed up. The only hangup is that to fix/look at system stuff in place like that, you need root access.

    If you don't have root access, or can't.... AND your system partition is crammed, then you have to flash your factory image... You have an Ace 3, so there SHOULD be a factory image out there that you can flash, along with instructions on HOW to flash it.... I had a SIII back in the day and it used a tool called Odin... and it was pretty easy to do.... not sure if that will apply to your Ace though.
    Odin should work with most Samsung devices. The procedure is going to be the same as the one for the S3 though

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Slow perfomance

    What is the age of your memory card? Can it be too old? SD card has no inifinite life and has limited cycles of writes on it
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Slow perfomance

    Quote Originally Posted by slennon View Post
    What is the age of your memory card? Can it be too old? SD card has no inifinite life and has limited cycles of writes on it
    The card and the phone is 1 year old.
  13. #13  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Slow perfomance

    Quote Originally Posted by slennon View Post
    What is the age of your memory card? Can it be too old? SD card has no inifinite life and has limited cycles of writes on it
    The number of cycles is extremely high though. I doubt he is anywhere near the capacity of write data.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  14. #14  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Slow perfomance

    Quote Originally Posted by marios1441 View Post
    The card and the phone is 1 year old.
    Did you try flashing the stock ROM in Odin?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Slow perfomance

    It's recommended by Android devs that you shouldn't use task manager or any tools which operate by killing processes. Try Greenify to hibernate your apps when you are not using them. That'll make your phone faster.

Similar Threads

  1. LG G2 (D800) is slow and crashes a lot
    By Dennis Matveyev in forum AT&T LG G2
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 10:17 AM
  2. Extremely Slow Charging.
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 04:09 PM
  3. Slow charging with LG Optimus factory charger
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2014, 08:17 PM
  4. My phone is slowing down !!!
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2014, 02:00 AM
  5. Lock Screen- Freeze/Unlock Slow
    By Squibbles80 in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-22-2014, 05:05 PM

Posting Permissions