Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By msm0511
  • 1 Post By sting7k
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts

Default When will the flame wars end?

I'm new on AC, and it seems to be a little more mature than some other forums. So I'm gonna post this here instead of other sites I think would start more of an argument than it would help. I've grown so tired of all the insults and fights over which OS/device is better. Personally I've used Win Mobile, Symbian, iOS, Windows XP, Mac OS 9, Mac OS X, and soon to be Android. I'd also like to try Windows Phone as well, but financially it's getting expensive to try everything. I understand loving your OS/platform/brand or whatever of choice, but why can't we just explain WHY we love it instead of just insulting each other? I've been using smart phones since 2003. Started with Symbian, moved to Win Mo, back to Symbian, then to iPhone OS/iOS. I think it's time we finally realize that all OS's are pretty good these days and just help each other learn and appreciate other OS's more. I still see the iSheep, iTard comments here, but not quite as much. iMore is getting a little better as well. Probably showing my age, but when HoFo was one of the only sites for help on mobile OS's things were a little more civil.

I guess all this is boiling down to is that I'm glad to be finally opening my eyes to Android, and I hope to learn much from you guys.

Global Posts
    3,523 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Default Re: When will the flame wars end?

No!

Haha, just kidding. I agree, welcome to Android Central. Hope you enjoy your stay.
    Thanked by:
    msm0511 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    No!

Haha, just kidding. I agree, welcome to Android Central. Hope you enjoy your stay.
    Never said anything about a good-natured ribbing now and again.

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm not sure what the point of apple bashing is when android is dominating the market. I understand linux people bashing Windows because of the David vs Goliath thing, but this would be like every conversation about Windows somehow devolves into linux bashing.

I have an ipad too and the interesting thing is in the ipad forum people hardly ever talk about android. It's kind of like the US vs the world. Other people talk about America a lot. Americans hardly ever bother to think about the rest of the world.

the flame wars will offically end once there is only One OS available and the other companies declare bankruptcy which will never happen.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barth2 View Post
    I'm not sure what the point of apple bashing is when android is dominating the market. I understand linux people bashing Windows because of the David vs Goliath thing, but this would be like every conversation about Windows somehow devolves into linux bashing.

I have an ipad too and the interesting thing is in the ipad forum people hardly ever talk about android. It's kind of like the US vs the world. Other people talk about America a lot. Americans hardly ever bother to think about the rest of the world.
    That's what I mean. So what, Android has more market share. iOS owns the profits. Here comes the wars. Who cares? They're both great OS's. Let's help each other learn, not compare market share or profits.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M120 View Post
    the flame wars will offically end once there is only One OS available and the other companies declare bankruptcy which will never happen.
    I know you mean that in a cheeky way, or I hope you do. I love the competition! If I could afford it is get the iPhone 6 and a flagship Android. Not compare by brand, but by what works for me. Then enjoy why learning why other OS's work for somebody else. A balanced mature conversation.

Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

It kinda compares to the Ford vs. Chevy. The rivalry will always be there. But the volunteers try to keep the garbage posts to a minimum.

Glad you found a home here. Welcome to the fourms!

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by: