Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Desperate help needed - loss of files

Firstly sorry for asking a question that many will have asked times before. I installed a new Android update on Friday and when my tablet restarted I was presented with the following message.

"System UIDs Inconsistent UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable" followed with an option to click a button saying "I'm feeling lucky".*

As I've failed to backup any of my data via any online storage option or via a desktop PC I risk losing lots of data. I wondered whether performing a factory reset via settings, backup and reset, factory data reset would delete all files downloaded/stored under DCIM/Downloads from my tablet. Alternatively whether only applications downloaded and their data (passwords etc) would be removed?

Is there any other alternative to recover data from the DCIM/Downloads folder if my PC is failing to connect to my tablet?

Many thanks for any advice given

5,880 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,236 Global Posts

Default Re: Desperate help needed - loss of files

i'd probably hit the "i'm feeling lucky" button (assuming that doesn't wipe the device) and then immediately sync your data to the cloud. then i'd do a total factory fresh reset and resync data. the "lucky" button doesn't sound like it does a wipe.

good luck.