Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Default Chinese android devices

Before anyone gets carried away and calls this xenophobia, don't. What I'm mostly concerned about is the totally blasé faire attitude a lot of android tech media seem to take about the fact that these companies are operating from a dictatorship government. Should we be more concerned about the reports of sketchy software being baked into these devices? Should the tech reviewers be paying more attention to this?

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

I say buy a Chinese phone - that way both the Chinese and the NSA get your data so you help create a level playing field and bring karma and balance to the universe.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by 3Dee; 08-31-2014 at 05:02 AM.

Default Re: Chinese android devices

With all we know about Nsa, I don't think worrying about the Chinese government is appropriate. As matter of fact we are surveilled, choosing who is more likely to see your data is not the right concern. I don't think that this is an argument that should be in the review but in dedicated article. Sadly I have the feeling that is no more a main topic in the media.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

I understand but to be blunt it comes down to this: my country may very well be surveilling me, but I also pay taxes, have a constitution, am a citizen etc. I have ZERO protection from the Chinese government, which also happens to be a dictatorship with absolutely no limits on how they treat my information.

The Chinese government does not want to spy on you. It wants to spy on its own people.

That said, if you work for the US government or a company in a crucial industry, just say no.

For average Joes, the bigger worry should be Chinese independent hackers who want to steal your credit cards.