I cannot delete files from external sd card

marios1441

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I cannot delete files from the my external Kingston 16 gb SD card. It seems
is write protected. It also came with sd card large adapter. How can i make it non-protected?. I have Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 S7275R mobile phone.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

marios1441

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
There is a slide on the side, if write protected.

But are you sure that's the problem? See this thread.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...kitkat-issue-cant-write-external-sd-card.html
There is no slide on the side of the micro sd card. Only to the sd adapter. When i put the microsd inside the adapter should make it
unprotected when i press the slide? I tried but is still protected.

There is no slide on the side of the micro sd card. Only to the sd adapter. When i put the microsd inside the adapter should make it
unprotected when i press the slide? I tried but is still protected.
I want to use the sd card to a micro sd slot on a phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I looked the link and is for Android 4.4.2. I don't have Kit Kat Android 4.4.2. I have android 4.2.2.

Hmmm. That wasn't clear from the original post. Now, as I recall, those issues did not exist then and came in with Kit Kat. So, now it's more complicated. On occasion over the years I have had a card lock up because of formatting issues or corruption. It could just be a bad card.

There have also been occasional reports of hardware defects in card slots of phones.

You can test both of those easily enough. Put the card in a card reader on your desktop or laptop computer. Does it work? If so, the problem is the phone (or at least the relationship between phone and card). Also, if the computer reports the card is locked and protected, can you right click on the properties of the drive icon on your desktop and unprotect it from your computer? From the computer you can also run various disk utilities to scan for defects.

Might be simpler to start here. Put another card in the phone. Does it work? If so, the problem appears to be the 1st card, or at least something done to it.

If you have no data of any value on it, the first thing you might try is formatting the card on the phone, too. That often works wonders. That may fix some incompatibility. If you do have valuable data--you may need to run a card recovery program to try to recover data, like cardrecovery.com

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1