Switching from iPhone to Android

amaar93

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I actually was wondering if i should wait for better phones to come out for AT&T or just get something that is already out? and by the way it is an iPhone 4 so i want something that can matchup or be better than it.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Android as an OS is better than Apple. It's faster, you can multitask, a large percentage of apps that you'd pay for for an iPhone are free for Android users, you can customize an Android phone in about a million different ways vs. no customization on an iPhone.. so any high end Android phone by default is better than an iPhone.

amaar93

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Alright say if no better phones come out for att and i were to buy a phone with GSM capabilities...then what should i do, wait or get something now? and thanks for answering so quick

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
AT&T has the Samsung Captivate. That's a good phone. But AT&T seems to be the weakest major carrier of Android devices. Probably because with the iPhone they don't need good Android phones on their shelves.

amaar93

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about getting the droid 2 global..but I was thinking
About waiting to see if HTC comes out with a phone because i like them the best...or does anyone no if nexus 2 is ever coming?

abowlofsoda

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Nothing is better then the iPhone operating system. Any one that says so never owned one.
Be prepared for constant workaround, severe lag, lack of updates, gps issues, etc.

The best thing about my Samsung Fascinate is its on Verizon Wireless. I can finally get a signal for the internet when I need it the most.

The Android world is so stuck on customizing the look every square inch of their OS that very few even bother with anything else. I can ask a technical question on these forums and MAYBE get an answer or 2.
If I ask anything about how to change the look of something I get a crap ton of answers.

Yay

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Nothing is better then the iPhone operating system. Any one that says so never owned one.
Be prepared for constant workaround, severe lag, lack of updates, gps issues, etc.
...Samsung Fascinate...

Not if you get a decent phone.

OP, I would recommend waiting if you want a phone on AT&T; I've heard of nothing but issues with the Galaxy S phones. (Laggy RFS filesystem, GPS isssues, etc.) Hopefully these Nexus S rumors are true, and Google's not only making the software but teaching Samsung how to do it right in the future.

Last edited:

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

The best thing about my Samsung Fascinate is its on Verizon Wireless. I can finally get a signal for the internet when I need it the most.

The Android world is so stuck on customizing the look every square inch of their OS that very few even bother with anything else. I can ask a technical question on these forums and MAYBE get an answer or 2.
If I ask anything about how to change the look of something I get a crap ton of answers.

Yay

Nice job being a hypocrite, the op asked about android devices because he obviously isn't satisfied with his ip4. You obviously don't know what your talking about. My evo beats the ip4 in almost every category, except for gaming and screen definition. Way to be constructive.

Anyways, to the op I suggest switching carriers, any if them blow att out of the water in service and in selection of android phones.

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
here is my opinion on device manufactures. Htc> motorola > samsung.. simply because samsung takes forever to fix issues (i had a fascinate traded it in for a droid incredible) and the motorola devices are solid aside from the locked bootloader (harder to root) and motoblur. As far as motorola goes those are just personal preferences. After the disaster i had with my fascinate i would just stay away from samsung unless they produce the next purely google phone

abowlofsoda

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I guarantee OP will be disappointed with anything he gets when he leaves the iphone4. Why would you want to leave and stay on AT&T.
AT&T is the worst thing about the iphone.

If it wasn't for the need to stay connect to the internet while out and about I would surely go back.

There is no iphone killer so far in my opinion. We are all entitled to our opinions tho. Hope whatever you choose works out for you.

My advice is play with the device in the store for longer then 5 minutes. Check every aspect of it that you normally use on iPhone.

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
Wow, you may say there is no "iPhone killer" but I know of at least a handful of phones that are superior in speed and features. Way to look at things objectively. In the words of many, you are a bonified "fanboy". And I completely agree with igotsanevo that you are being completely counter productive to his goal of finding a suitable Android device. This is a forum for help not to bash ideas.

Sent from my SuperSonic....

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I actually don't think "playing" with an android phone in the store for more than 5 minutes will do it justice.
Maybe playing with an iPhone as everything's the same on each one.

The only way to get the full android experience is to get one yourself. I came from the 3gs and am never going back. My gpa got the iPhone 4 and it does not compare.

If I were you I'd actually buy a Google nexus one for at&t off eBay. I'm actually thinking of doing that if I can get out of my sprint contract and then getting the Motorola Olympus early next year

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith