Big difference between Android Central and iMore

Status
Not open for further replies.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The IPhone is very expensive even by android flagship standards. Specially if you consider that the base model still only has 16 gb which basically forces you to buy the next model for $100 dollars more.

GS5: $650
M8: $600
G3: $600
Note 3: $600
iPhone 6: $650

Those are all for the base models. And most don't even offer a higher storage model like the iPhone does.

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Those are all for the base models. And most don't even offer a higher storage model like the iPhone does.

Big difference between GS5 and the others is GS5 is water-resistant. We can argue all day that it's worth the additional $50 price bump in comparison to the other android flagships ;)
Speaking of which, sad to say the note 4 isn't water-resistant because of the stylus.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Big difference between GS5 and the others is GS5 is water-resistant. We can argue all day that it's worth the additional $50 price bump in comparison to the other android flagships ;)
Speaking of which, sad to say the note 4 isn't water-resistant because of the stylus.

Maybe, but Samsung has typically been higher priced than other OEMs. The S4 was $650 on some carriers as well iirc.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Most high end android phones support microSD cards up to 128 gb. At a much cheaper price than with Apple.

SD cards aren't as good as phone ROM though
You can store pictures, music, and parts of apps but that's about it

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Bring up Samsung on any Apple forum and sit back and enjoy the popcorn. DramaCentral. On another forum, threads that mention Samsung get 600+ replies and thousands of view counts.

Really though I'm a huge fan of OS X, but the apple forums are uninhabitable during this time of the year.

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe, but Samsung has typically been higher priced than other OEMs. The S4 was $650 on some carriers as well iirc.

This is true, but we all know S5 is going to have a long shelf life with consumers due to it being water-resistant.

Obviously Apple couldn't risk their phones being water-resistant otherwise they'd get a huge drop in sales :p

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
This is true, but we all know S5 is going to have a long shelf life with consumers due to it being water-resistant.

Obviously Apple couldn't risk their phones being water-resistant otherwise they'd get a huge drop in sales :p

Maybe the one time a drop is worse than a shower, hahahah! :D

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Maybe, as much as I hate android fragmentation (software), Google does a reasonable job for legacy support irrespective of the device itself.

I mean chromecast works for any android device with android 2.3+ and Google does a good job by separating some of the core apps and updating them on the play store.

Whereas with Apple, even if it's a simple software tweak, cough cough siri cough cough, Apple still forces you to buy a new device. With Google, that's less so the case (albeit somewhat of the case with the manufacturers, but that's a different story altogether.)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Maybe, as much as I hate android fragmentation (software), Google does a reasonable job for legacy support irrespective of the device itself.

I mean chromecast works for any android device with android 2.3+ and Google does a good job by separating some of the core apps and updating them on the play store.

Whereas with Apple, even if it's a simple software tweak, cough cough siri cough cough, Apple still forces you to buy a new device. With Google, that's less so the case (albeit somewhat of the case with the manufacturers, but that's a different story altogether.)

You were talking about sales of a water resistant device. How did that go to talking about software updates? :confused:

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's well known that iPhones are overpriced... Not only does Apple not hide that fact, they brag about it.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's well known that iPhones are overpriced... Not only does Apple not hide that fact, they brag about it.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Not much of a price difference. I wouldn't say that's anywhere near overpriced.

The higher storage models, sure...I'm sure Samsung would charge as much if they offered those storage configurations though.

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

The higher storage models, sure...I'm sure Samsung would charge as much if they offered those storage configurations though.

A fairer comparison would be the Note 3 and the G3 (5.5") against the more expensive iphone 6+ ($750-800???)

That leaves you with the GS5 and the M8 against the 6.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
A fairer comparison would be the Note 3 and the G3 (5.5") against the more expensive iphone 6+ ($750-800???)

That leaves you with the GS5 and the M8 against the 6.

The Note 3 is almost a year old. The Note 4 will surely be $700 at release. At least...

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

The iPhone has fewer features than a 2012 Android phone. That is why it is overpriced.

Samsung offers SD support, so people are not forced to buy the higher storage models.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have seen it on all: AC, WC and imore. I have not tracked it but in my experience WP is the most intense followed my AC and imore seems the most laid back to me. Just my observations. Just started spending more time on imore pending the iPhone 6 announcement and my preorder of an iPhone 6+.

Posted via Nexus 5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12