iPhone 5c replacement

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi All

I have everything apple pretty much except for a PC. But want to change to android since i just dont see a reason to spend the money for the new iphone 6. I know this topic is probably every day but can anyone give me an suggestions on a phone that could easily last me 1-2 years. I was looking at the nexus 5 and lg g3 but i am open to anything.

Thanks in advance and i know its a side topic but any recommendation on a chromebook would be appreciated.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Iphone 5c replacement

It depends on what you want. What are your priorities for a smartphone?

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Honestly since i am new i would like:
i would like decent battery life as long as it last me the day thats all i ask i will charge it every night
a good android/chrome experience since i will also buy a chromebook
a solid phone i would expect any flagship phone will be a solid phone that also will last me 1-2 years

I would figure like any typical user just a good phone

thanks

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

I've heard great things about the Nexus 5 and it has vanilla android so it will be smooth, just like the Moto X (2014), which should be really good as well.
I think you should look at all the flagship phones and see which one you like the best and read some reviews

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi All

I have everything apple pretty much except for a PC. But want to change to android since i just dont see a reason to spend the money for the new iphone 6. I know this topic is probably every day but can anyone give me an suggestions on a phone that could easily last me 1-2 years. I was looking at the nexus 5 and lg g3 but i am open to anything.

Thanks in advance and i know its a side topic but any recommendation on a chromebook would be appreciated.
I always strongly recommend going to a Nexus device if you are coming from Apple. If you are used to Apple, the bloat and lag on non-Nexus devices will be jarring. And yes, the G3 lags.

The Nexus 5 will definitely last another year and maybe 2. It will not have the best specs, but it's specs will be better than any current Apple phone.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

Are you willing to lose what you have purchased in the people's temple. ....ummm apple ecosystem?

Posted via Android Central App

arn_hsn xt1022

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site

Honestly since i am new i would like:
i would like decent battery life as long as it last me the day thats all i ask i will charge it every night
a good android/chrome experience since i will also buy a chromebook
a solid phone i would expect any flagship phone will be a solid phone that also will last me 1-2 years

I would figure like any typical user just a good phone

thanks

I'd recommend you to go for:
1. The next Nexus phone
2. New Moto X
3. New Moto G (it's quite capable for that price)

Posted via the Android Central App

aaronm4

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
May I ask why you want to upgrade so soon? The iPhone 5c is a maximum of 1 year old and is still a great phone.

I am in a similar situation to you; thoroughly embedded in the Apple ecosystem yet I have a Nexus 5 - personally I'd much rather have an iPhone but that's my opinion.

Daniel P1

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Honestly of you are coming from an IPhone and want a smooth performance you should consider the Nexus 5 or HTC One M8. Both are very smooth and fast. Nexus 5 receives updates faster though which you might appreciate. If you are have been using IPhone for many years you are really not going to like the Samsung lag. It can be uncomfortable. But with that said the Samsung phones have the best screens in the industry. At least in my opinion.

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi thanks all for the answer. The number one reason is i just want to get away from apple thats why i am changing plus i cracked the glass of the screen but thats not really important.
As far as the ecosystem goes i will love to find a way to be able to watch my purchased movies from itunes on my android i found a few links on how to do it havent tried it yet other then that i dont care much about the rest of my purchases
So it looks like its either moto x 2014 or htc or nexus device. The LG G3 is out of the question according to everyone.

thank for your help

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone thanks for all the help. It looks like most people go for moto x 2014, htc or nexus. So i am assuming to stay away from the LG G3

The main reason is i a just want to switch from apple. I believe that cost of what i am getting is not worth it anymore. Plus i cracked the screen. As far as the ecosystem goes my purchased apps i don't really care about and i am looking at a way hopefully to move my purchased movies so i can watch them on android i found a few sites showing tutorials on this but haven't tried it yet

Thanks for all the help again

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone thanks for all the help. It looks like most people go for moto x 2014, htc or nexus. So i am assuming to stay away from the LG G3

I would not consider an HTC, especially if you would like to make sure your phone receives prompt OS updates.

An HTC experience will not be the same kind of Android experience offered by either a Nexus or a Motorola. While the OS on HTC phones is not as bad as it is for Samsung and LG phones, it's still far from the clean Android experience that you'll find on a Nexus or a Motorola.

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Nexus or Moto or even GPE devices/ future one?

I personally hate skins and like prompt, quick updates. Only nexus, moto, and GPE devices do such.

I don't like brick devices after 1 year (especially those notorious devices where they send bad firmware updates that cause more harm than they fix)

ecjd

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I came from a 5C to an M8.

Good things I've noticed:

-The amount of customization available on Android.
-The screen and speakers are awesome.

Bad things I've noticed:

-While the apps are good, they are not as good as iOS in my opinon.
-The Android software isn't as clean as iOS in my opinion. It feels like a lot of junk. iOS just worked and was easier to use.

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
You would most likely be happy with a Moto X or a Nexus 5 ($350) these phones OS are 100% controlled and updated by google. New nexus rumored coming in a few months.

Posted via Android Central App

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I came from a 5C to an M8.

Good things I've noticed:

-The amount of customization available on Android.
-The screen and speakers are awesome.

Bad things I've noticed:

-While the apps are good, they are not as good as iOS in my opinon.
-The Android software isn't as clean as iOS in my opinion. It feels like a lot of junk. iOS just worked and was easier to use.

The above information is correct...what you are seeing is Android with HTC modifications (aka, Skins). I have never seen a skin that is better than Vanilla Android. They are always slower. Even the Moto X has a skin, it's just a really light one. Most Non-nexus phones sold in the US have a skin of some kind.

Try a Nexus 5. That is what real Android looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI8snnLpEDE

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1