Phone Recommendations

mcgowane79

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Was wondering if any of you could recommend an android phone for my father who has finally decided today that he wants to get a smartphone. He is 63 yrs old not technological gifted and has big hands "fat fingering buttons". He is going to Verizon corporate store next Saturday......thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

RizaHawkeye

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Maybe a larger phone/phablet, if he has trouble pressing buttons? A Galaxy Note 3 might be a good choice. How large does he want the screen to be?

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If you already know you're going with Android, you're already in a single ballpark software-wise, and since he's on Verizon that cuts down the list even further, so I'd think about things like size, durability, battery life, power, memory, and storage.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... the Note might make the most sense, unless he thinks it would be too large. Shame that Big Red didn't carry the G Flex.

I'd bring him to a Best Buy and let him loose for a few minutes to find what he likes.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Was wondering if any of you could recommend an android phone for my father who has finally decided today that he wants to get a smartphone. He is 63 yrs old not technological gifted and has big hands "fat fingering buttons". He is going to Verizon corporate store next Saturday......thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

What does he want to do with the smartphone. Other than a phone, will he use it for music, video, and the like. The morning news, email .... find out what he wants to use it for and go from there.

Hey I'm 63 too ..... I use it for everything and if I'm not good my fiance will take it away from me ..
Smartphone time out so to speak.:sly::eek::confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL