Windows Phone 7 outsells Nexus One on day 1

patfactorx

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Which goes to show you that marketing does matter. Nexus One was in every way superior in software and with similar hardware to the new WIndows Phones.

I played with this in the store today and I think only hardcore WinMo folks and bloggers would buy this phone it feels like its competing against the Iphone 3GS or G1. I felt handicapped by not being able to multitask or receive notification. I dont think the interface is that great either. With my D1 I can always ROM and theme but Phone 7 I can only change the colors....

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I had no idea the nexus was even being released
wp7 had a bunch ofads and stuff and launched worth multiple phones on multiple networks
nexus was one phone on one network andit was tmobile not the big2
and there were other android devices for them to buy

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus One was not carrier subsidized, so it was also at least $300 more than the WinMo 7 phones that are now being sold.

ImTheDuke

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I really like my Vibrant. But if there is one phone that could make me switch in would be Windows Phone7. I have a Zune and really like the software. Gave away my Ipod after I got it. That said, I have not looked at the Windows phone yet to give it a fair evaluation. If it is as intuitive and smooth as my Zune HD it is might be very good.

theanswer3

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
All reports I have read said all the windows 7 phones have only sold like 40,000 total.. It is considered a bust in the states up to this point

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Win7 fail. I think the 7 ui is the worst looking thing to hit smart phones in a long time. Hell apple looks better android looks and functions better so I highly doubt it is a competitor. I have converted alot of people to android and to my pleasure they all despise the winmo7 phones. 7 vs nexus is all about marketing not the phone itself.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
A subsidized phone sold in stores... vs an unsubsidized phone not available in stores. Worst... comparison...ever. Should've compared it to the G1 since they were both first gen devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon