1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Windows Phone 7 outsells Nexus One on day 1

Which goes to show you that marketing does matter. Nexus One was in every way superior in software and with similar hardware to the new WIndows Phones.

I played with this in the store today and I think only hardcore WinMo folks and bloggers would buy this phone it feels like its competing against the Iphone 3GS or G1. I felt handicapped by not being able to multitask or receive notification. I dont think the interface is that great either. With my D1 I can always ROM and theme but Phone 7 I can only change the colors....

I like that it has Zune and Xbox live tho

Quote Originally Posted by JoseN305 View Post
    I like that it has Zune and Xbox live tho
    Yea thats pretty cool.. If MS can pull off some good updates Windows will up there with Android and iphone..
    :o

I had no idea the nexus was even being released
    wp7 had a bunch ofads and stuff and launched worth multiple phones on multiple networks
    nexus was one phone on one network andit was tmobile not the big2
    and there were other android devices for them to buy

Well, to be fair, the Nexus wasn't sold in stores. People want to play with a phone in-store before buying.

The Nexus One was not carrier subsidized, so it was also at least $300 more than the WinMo 7 phones that are now being sold.

Apparently, the Win7 phones are not selling very well and are now free.

Brian

Where'd you hear they are free?
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by bujin View Post
    Well, to be fair, the Nexus wasn't sold in stores. People want to play with a phone in-store before buying.
    Exactly. What kind of comparison is that?
    Back to Big Red. Sprint was tooooo slow
    Click my Twitter | Galaxy Note 2

I really like my Vibrant. But if there is one phone that could make me switch in would be Windows Phone7. I have a Zune and really like the software. Gave away my Ipod after I got it. That said, I have not looked at the Windows phone yet to give it a fair evaluation. If it is as intuitive and smooth as my Zune HD it is might be very good.

Global Posts
    10,408 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Living proof, America watches to much TV.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Haven't kept up with the news, but did it outsell the original Droid? Seems like that would be a more relevant comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    Where'd you hear they are free?

AmazonWireless: HTC Surround Windows Phone (AT&T)

Brian

All reports I have read said all the windows 7 phones have only sold like 40,000 total.. It is considered a bust in the states up to this point
    "Make things as simple as possible but no simpler."- Albert Einstein
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

I'm going to have to hit the store and check it out. Don't know if I could switch from android.

Win7 fail. I think the 7 ui is the worst looking thing to hit smart phones in a long time. Hell apple looks better android looks and functions better so I highly doubt it is a competitor. I have converted alot of people to android and to my pleasure they all despise the winmo7 phones. 7 vs nexus is all about marketing not the phone itself.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

A subsidized phone sold in stores... vs an unsubsidized phone not available in stores. Worst... comparison...ever. Should've compared it to the G1 since they were both first gen devices.

apples vs. oranges.

i love android we cant say windows 7 stinks give it a chance look at android when it first started

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

The Nexus was never ment to be a Blockbuster phone! It was ment to tell companies (HTC, Moto, Samsung, and LG) to stop making Android phones that are underpowered. The Nexus One is the standard. If the Nexus one was never made, WP7's Standard of 1Ghz would never have been made. And how many different phones were there on Day 1 for Windows. Please the amount of money spent on Marketing from Windows offset those sales. And Google, HTC, and TMo got all the money from the Nexus. Microsoft, HTC, Samsung, LG, and Dell, plus At&t and TMO, are all splitting that profits. 1 phone split 3 ways or 6 phones split 15 different ways. And no money spent on Marketing besides YouTube videos for the Nexus 1.