Who do you think will win this latest Game of Phones?

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Depends on what you mean by "win"
By sales: The iPhone by a huge margin
Everything else is pretty subjective

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Be subjective then! :) Take the question however you want.

Oh ok,
Well I'm still trying to decide to be honest
I have the GS5 right now and while it is a great phone, I'm really excited about upgrading
Honestly I like the M8, Z3, iPhone 6, and the rumored nexus 6.
If the rumors are true, the Nexus 6 is going to be the best phone probably ever made.

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It also depends on whether we're talking international or US-only.

Apple's decision to go bigger and more premium this year with the release of the 6 Plus is indicative of their blatant decision to lock out middle-class consumers in India, Latin America, and Asia. It's the proverbial middle finger to the average consumer and shows that Apple is doubling down on profit margins. That's all they really care about at this point. They're definitely going to steal some Android holdouts who are still sporting 2 1/2 year old HTC's and Galaxy's thanks to subsidization in the United States, but that's about it.

Overall, I do not think the market will change significantly because the average consumer doesn't care about the Apple v. Samsung or Apple v. Google v. Microsoft showdown. They just care about knowing how to access their text messages and get to Instagram. Familiarity sells, and that's one of the reason why Samsung is in no hurry to overhaul TouchWiz. It's as clear as day how to do practically anything on a Samsung phone, and few Samsung customers (in my opinion) are going to shift over to Apple because they have never owned an iPhone to begin with and do not know how to use one. Same thing with Apple customers on the flip side.

This is really a battle to maintain market share (for Samsung) and profit margins (for Apple). Samsung is releasing a barrage of anti-Apple ads to keep their enthusiasts on board. Some say, why taunt Apple in the Galaxy Note 4 ad? Because it keeps Galaxy users on board--many of which, including myself, are diehard Apple haters and want nothing to do with the iPhone. And Apple is adapting to industry needs with a larger screen and multiple models to keep their enthusiasts on board. Some say, why go bigger if your consumers are used to smaller? Because it keeps iPhone users from thinking about jumping ship--many of which were getting a little bit anxious about being outpaced by Android.

Ultimately, Apple and Samsung and Google benefit and the consumers lose. Motorola, Sony, and HTC (and Nokiasoft, to a lesser extent) are really at the top of their games right now but few customers will pay attention. And you really can't make it in this saturated market with 2 or 3% market share. That's why Motorola is focusing a lot of their efforts on Mexico and India, these days, and that's exactly why Sony stutters every time they think about getting serious in the US. It's also why you see each of these companies constantly rebranding and constantly rebuilding and constantly shifting their business strategies. And why you see smaller room for innovation at Apple and Samsung.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The consumers.

Why? We have choices and not just one phone.. So we can nab whatever fits us best :).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae