Do you carry more than one phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdroyer

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I've recently contemplated tethering an old iPhone 4 to my Note 4 just to have access to a few Apple exclusive apps, not sure how necessary it is though.

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I am always with at least 2 phones. Currently I am with 3. The iPhone 6+, nexus 6, and the Droid Turbo...and freaking love them all

Posted via the Android Central App

Anthony Lupo

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Yep! Nexus 6 and One M8 GPE. My work requires me to constantly be on the move with no access to chargers, so I use my M8 as a backup device when my Nexus 6 dies. Just switch the Sim card between devices and i'm good to go.

zuv

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Idk if it quite counts.... But I do carry one old phone and a no-contract phone....older phones are much cheaper then spending $100/mo for data plans and I like to have music and games on a smartphone...So that's what I decided to do...though you might not consider a phone that I don't pay to use as a phone a phone anymore. =P

finbaar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
LG G2 with my main sim, a Lumia 735 as my second device and I have just been using my Nexus S as well for a bit as I try out 4.4 roms after a year in a draw. For work they have given me a ****e BlackBerry, but this does not really count.

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I prefer to have 2 phones but only have the Note 4 right now. May add an iPhone or something else in the Spring (for variety sake).

UPDATE : Yesterday (12-29) I got a new Moto X. Nice phone. Smaller and lighter to this big Note 4. As much as l love the Note 4, I do notice it's heavier than my old Note 3. The 4 and X should compliment each other well.

from the IV

Last edited:

magez

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I got 2 phones: galaxy note 3 and a stupid phone (LOL) for long battery. The battery in smartphone isn't good enough for me, I have to charge every day.

Moto-Edge

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I have three. One is my huge-battery-emergency-back-up phone. Another is smart, while the third one is my decoy, for when I'm in a bank that is getting robbed, and the burglars confiscate everyone's phones so they won't call the police during the robbery - or for when I'm getting mugged. It's good to have a throw-away phone for these situations, so I don't lose my good phone.

My huge-battery-emergency-back-up phone is a "dumb" phone, with a 5000 mAh Li-Ion cell, that'll last a month on stand-by, but also acts as a powerbank, to keep my fancy devices extra-charged during the day. I'm keeping it on the $3/month plan, just to not mess with changing out SIM-cards.

All phones use the same Google Voice number, so as far as anyone can tell, I only have one number. They'll all ring, or can be set for different times, or changed on a whim. It's great.

I can even switch phones while on a call, just like having multiple "extensions" on a landline, back in the day. If one battery's dying, just transfer to the other phone (while still on the call), to throw the dying one on the charger. Add to all of this, I also have a "WiPhone" which is an iPod Touch on WiFi only, doing the VOIP thing, still on the same number as well. No Data or Minutes, when I'm at a hotspot, or at home. It's intense. My laptop and desktop also use the same protocol for VOIPing folks. Only one number, but devices coming out of my ears.

Moto-Edge

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
(adding to my earlier post) Today is the first day back on the Cellular Wagon. I justified this move by considering all the cash I must have saved over the last 9 years of not paying a provider. I decided to get a phone, so I ordered the Xiaocai X6 (dumbest of dumb-phones), then decided I should get something smarter - bought the Moto EX223 (a QWERTY feature phone), then went balls-out and ordered the Note Edge (full-on smartphone). I don't want to let myself believe that I wasted money on any of these brand new toys, so I'm trying to figure out ways to utilize all my overzealous acquisitions.

I'm thinking I'll leave the Xiaocai X6 in my truck, just in case I forget (one of) my phone(s), or find my battery dead. A 5000 mAh, dumbphone back-up that doubles as a powerbank to charge all my other devices. I also got two more spare batteries with it, for a total of 1500 mAh reserve powerbank. It's beastly. $3/month pre-paid T-Mobile, will all my Google Voice calls forwarded to it (but hardly ever answered).

Motorola EX223, because I like its dedicated number-row (most QWERTY keypads make the numerals share the same keys with letters, like a BlackBerry, this one doesn't - it has FIVE rows of buttons) of tactile, physical buttons on its QWERTY keypad for texting. This will be my "main" daily-driver, on AT&T unlimited talk and text, for $30/month.

The newest addition, will be kept stealth: Samsung Note Edge. I'm not actually sure why I got it - just for something new to play with, I guess. I definitely don't need it, but I just had to have that S-Pen.

My "VOIP" system, which has worked (in different configurations) just fine for me for like 8 or 9 years, is going to be put on hold, but I can't see myself getting rid of any of the hardware. It consists of a MiFi mobile hotspot, and the iPod Touch 5th Gen, my "WiPhone" on Google Voice. Also my desktop or laptop on my home WiFi. I thought I wanted a cell phone so I wouldn't need to carry two devices everywhere (mobile hotspot and iTouch 5), so I bought three phones, and missed the point entirely.

I haven't had a proper cellular phone since my Samsung A-900 "Blade", which I'm pretty sure hasn't been in use since 2006. That's 9 years on Google Voice, with no cellular service (a savings of possibly ten thousand dollars - at least five grand). All three of these new cellular phones are completely frivolous, but I quit smoking (everything) recently, so I have all this new money that I didn't know what to do with. I figured I should hurry up and spend it before I did something wise.

rsgapps

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I have more than one phone because I am an developer. Usually when I am outside I am using one phone, but sometimes I have two (Android + iPhone) so I can test an app or a game when I have time for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.