HTC One M7 or Galaxy S4?

pwrof3

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello, all. Not sure where this post belongs, as I am new to Android Central, but have been posting and visiting wpcentral and iMore. I am coming over to Android from Windows Phone (love the OS, hate the ecosystem) and am on the fence about which phone to get.
Right now my budget is allowing me to choose between an HTC One M7 or Galaxy S4 on Ting (Sprint MVNO).

I will be using the phone for three main things: A lot of texting (for work) , hundreds of emails per day (for work) , and pictures (personal).
Any suggestions?

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello, all. Not sure where this post belongs, as I am new to Android Central, but have been posting and visiting wpcentral and iMore. I am coming over to Android from Windows Phone (love the OS, hate the ecosystem) and am on the fence about which phone to get.
Right now my budget is allowing me to choose between an HTC One M7 or Galaxy S4 on Ting (Sprint MVNO).

I will be using the phone for three main things: A lot of texting (for work) , hundreds of emails per day (for work) , and pictures (personal).
Any suggestions?

In terms of camera it's a battle between Samsung's Mega Pixel vs HTC's Ultra Pixel. If you are gonna crop most of the picture i say go for the Samsung for more details in cropped. But if what you're gonna do is shoot then post HTC will be just fine. For me i prefer the Samsung's camera because of the over saturation. Some people don't like it but it's a personal preference. :) Texting and emails are i think considered battery life. Don't know much about HTC's battery life but i do manage to end the day with still some juice remaining with moderate to heavy use.

Here's a camera comparisson of the two.Galaxy S4 vs HTC One: Outdoor Camera Test - YouTube

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I love my M7! However I'm just now getting rid of it and sticking it on the market. Its in perfect shape and its been hard replacing this device! I'd say go with the M7. My camera has been hit or miss but it works for 90% of what I do. Have you played with any of the 2 devices?

pwrof3

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I've played with demo units, but that's never quite the same as you can't unattach it from the stupid security cord.
How' your battery life?

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
The HTC One M7 is a class act, I still have mine. It's updated to the latest version of Sense. I also have a Samsung (Note 3) and after much mucking about it's enjoyable (I'm not a big fan of touchwiz). Good luck! :)

Posted via Android Central App

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
ScreenWakeUp is a great app btw. Highly recommend. Just wave your hand over the M7 and it's on.

Posted via Android Central App