6 returns and two phones later, I think I want to go back to G3.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So here's the thing, I'm not 100 percent sure I'm going to want to keep the phone I went with (M8) or not. Even though the M8 performs better than the G3, I think I'm going to miss the g3s camera and removable backplate. I also just like the big screen and smaller frame of the g3 more. The problem is I've done a return 6 times trying to decide between the two. I got the g3 three times and the m8 2 times. The problem was I was under some stress during that month I was using these phones, which caused my odd and anxiety to go up. So whenever I saw a bit of lag on the g3 I panicked and returned it right away. But kept going back to it. The thing was I didn't use either of the phones for a extended period of time and see what I liked and didn't like about them. I'm finding the m8 a bit too tall and again I think they'll be times where I will want a better camera. Now, att sn't letting me return the phone anymore due to obvious reasons, which I can't blame them after 6 times I guess. But now I'm stuck with a phone I'm unsure I will want to keep. So now my only choice seems to be Pay the phone off (620 dollars I believe) which will then give me another upgrade. But don't think you can sell a phone to, say, a site like gazelle.com when the phone still has payments on it. And also, laying 600 for a phone then just getting another one seems to be a waste of money, no? But maybe its worth it to get something I want. I don't know, this whole thing is a bit of a money sink at this point.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
This is not meant to be negative in anyway, but in the past you seem to have a hard time making up your mind. I think just get an iPhone 6, it may be what you're looking for. It's going to give you an overall solid experience in all areas and you won't have to second guess.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Honestly ... You won't find a phone that is 100% perfect in every way. If a phone has a small stutter on occasion I just toss it to the wind.... Most phones will at some point depending on what we have them doing in the background and stuff.

Just find one that suites you and go with it. Finding that "perfect" phone will be never ending :). You could also do with "someguy01234" suggested and try an iPhone to see if you like it.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
What are you really hoping to find in a device? You should make lists, then match up to the most important things.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
What's the worst thing that could happen if you keep the phone you have? There's always going to be a new phone coming out. If you have a need for the latest device, you could buy your phone, then sell it and buy the next flagship, and repeat, repeat, repeat.

I don't know. I guess it's because I'm such a tech nerd that I get mad if I don't have the best thing. For example, they just announced a new m8 today with a better front camera. I feel now that I screwed up because I just got this phone and can't even return it now due to my own stupidness

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. I guess it's because I'm such a tech nerd that I get mad if I don't have the best thing. For example, they just announced a new m8 today with a better front camera. I feel now that I screwed up because I just got this phone and can't even return it now due to my own stupidness

Honestly you have to get over that -- quick -- if you want to not go crazy in the tech world. Tech changes every few months .. big overhauls... new phones, PCs, computer parts, speakers, etc.

You can't have the top notch every single month unless you are just simply rich ... Or you push exchanges to the limit but then you're wasting money if you're having to do any re-stocking and also the inconvenience of constantly changing.

You just have to choose something you LIKE and keep it at that. You can't have the best forever .. again .. unless you're rich. :)

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Honestly you have to get over that -- quick -- if you want to not go crazy in the tech world. Tech changes every few months .. big overhauls... new phones, PCs, computer parts, speakers, etc.

You can't have the top notch every single month unless you are just simply rich ... Or you push exchanges to the limit but then you're wasting money if you're having to do any re-stocking and also the inconvenience of constantly changing.

You just have to choose something you LIKE and keep it at that. You can't have the best forever .. again .. unless you're rich. :)

Yeah, I already spent o we a hindered in restocking fees.

The thing is, I know if I go back to the G3 I'm just gonna complain about it having some lag. So I'm honestly gonna have issues with either phone. I don't take pictures often so I don't know why I'm bothered by the M8 camera. I think I'm just worried about if I ever go to like a convention or something and I don't have a good camera.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I already spent o we a hindered in restocking fees.

The thing is, I know if I go back to the G3 I'm just gonna complain about it having some lag. So I'm honestly gonna have issues with either phone. I don't take pictures often so I don't know why I'm bothered by the M8 camera. I think I'm just worried about if I ever go to like a convention or something and I don't have a good camera.

You want to choose a phone that will suite your needs 90%+ the time ... those 10% ... such as if you rarely go to a convention ... you'll have to sacrifice it. No phone has everything sadly.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't know. I guess it's because I'm such a tech nerd that I get mad if I don't have the best thing.

THERE IS NO ONE BEST.

Every phone has its strengths and weaknesses.

You have to learn to make concessions. That's what I've told you. That's what others have told you.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
You want to choose a phone that will suite your needs 90%+ the time ... those 10% ... such as if you rarely go to a convention ... you'll have to sacrifice it. No phone has everything sadly.

In other words: he needs to learn to make concessions...

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. Thanks everyone, the talk have helped :) .

I originally chose this phone bc because of its performance, battery, and software. And those points still hold today. Yes, the camera could be better, but I can count on one hand the number of photos I took in the last few months.

My main thing I wanted to get was a good android phone to transition from iPhone, and I think this phone fits that bill the best.

(Side note: I am noticing these weird ghost touch es on the phone, like, I don't even touch the screen when my fingers over if and it'll register a touch input. Is this normal?)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
If my hand brushes my phones when I'm setting it down it will launch apps. But ghost touches are a relatively common nuisance, sometimes caused by droplets of water on the screen.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Relatively speaking how long is a phone considered not old? Is it 6 months until it's old? A year? Even though the M8 was released early this year, it still has the same specs pretty much every phone released recently has. And it seems to top some newer ones in benchmarks. But not that those really matter

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I know, I know, it can be really really hard to make up one's mind with all the awesome phones around. I've been indecisive myself in the face of all the choices. Raven, I think you need step back and realize it's just a phone, a small mobile computer. It will not be perfect. How about take a different approach. Decide your priorities in a phone and then see which one best meets the priorities you've listed. Do it the logical way since the flying-by-the-seat-of-your-pants way hasn't provided results you're happy with.

The G3 is a nice device by most measures as is the M8. Me, I'd take the one with the better camera since that's not irrelevant to me. ...but you, you may have different priorities. Like, how easy to root the phone is, or whether or not one has a removable battery...or screen resolution.

No choice is going to be without compromises.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I know, I know, it can be really really hard to make up one's mind with all the awesome phones around. I've been indecisive myself in the face of all the choices. Raven, I think you need step back and realize it's just a phone, a small mobile computer. It will not be perfect. How about take a different approach. Decide your priorities in a phone and then see which one best meets the priorities you've listed. Do it the logical way since the flying-by-the-seat-of-your-pants way hasn't provided results you're happy with.

The G3 is a nice device by most measures as is the M8. Me, I'd take the one with the better camera since that's not irrelevant to me. ...but you, you may have different priorities. Like, how easy to root the phone is, or whether or not one has a removable battery...or screen resolution.

No choice is going to be without compromises.

Well, I just never used the camera that much even when I had my iPhone. Only photos I ever take are for note taking perposes or to remember where I parked. Or if there's a barcode or serial number I need to remember. Stuff like that.

I rather prioritize,e battery life, performance and phone experience. Because I play games and watch video on it.and I felt like the G3 and its 2k screen was compromising those priorities. Wish it ran the 805 chip instead of the 801

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, I just never used the camera that much even when I had my iPhone. Only photos I ever take are for note taking perposes or to remember where I parked. Or if there's a barcode or serial number I need to remember. Stuff like that.

I rather prioritize,e battery life, performance and phone experience. Because I play games and watch video on it.and I felt like the G3 and its 2k screen was compromising those priorities. Wish it ran the 805 chip instead of the 801

Then it sounds like you ended up with the right phone. Stop chasing specs. You'll never catch them. If it had the 805 you'd be wishing for the 80next when it came out. Use your phone and enjoy it for the performance it provides and not what it says on paper. I bought a Nexus 5 a couple months ago. By your logic I should be horrified by my spec situation but the reality is that it runs great and I love it.

ellisroy

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
How about rooting your phone. That way you can customize it your way and if your not happy then change it.

Verizon gs4 rooted and still learning

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

I do get what you're saying
The 805 chip cam handle 2k, while the 801 wasn't really meant to.
But yeah, I mean the phones this year are pretty nice. You really should be happy with just about any of them

Posted via the Android Central App with my Galaxy S5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2