Android video text issue

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So... trying to send video texts and realizing android seriously sucks at this. It always resizes and goes low res. I'm highly unhappy about this. My wife's old iPhone 5 can send high res videos, why can't my Note 3?

I'm trying to send video of my daughter to her grand parents so using an option like dropbox is out and really I should just be able to send it as a text anyway.

What gives? I'd hate to go back to iPhone over this, but with new kids it's pretty important.

Any advice? Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
iPhone uses iMessage, which is a different system than sending videos over MMS (which is the general standard). MMS has a relatively small filesize limit, which means videos need to be compressed to send. You can get around this by uploading your full resolution video to your Google+ account or Google Drive, or YouTube, or some other cloud service, then sending people the link. You can also send a full resolution video via Hangouts, which is Google's answer to iMessage.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As B. Diddy said this is more a limitation of MMS which is used to send pictures and videos via text through your carrier to individuals. When using iPhone it would skip using this and use iMessage for the contacts who had iPhones as well and thus sent the videos in full quality rather than being degraded for MMS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech